News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

New addition to the collection, 57 Ranchero

Started by CableguyJJS3, 2012-11-25 13:57

Previous topic - Next topic

CableguyJJS3

Well brought home the missing piece to the collection on Friday, a super solid 57 Ranchero. I bought it as a project car virtually rust free to finsh out the trifecta with the 57 Custom 300 Sedan Deluxe and the 57 Del Rio Wagon. All 3 cars will be different colors but they will all be factory style 2 tones all with matching 406 tri power and 5 speed drivetrains. This one has had all the rust repaired in it already, the only thing left is under the truck bed, where the rear footwells would be in the wagon. Not anything that can be seen other than from underneath, but it will need to get repaired regardless. After that all she needs is final metal finish and then get paint on it. The seat has been recovered, but the rest of the interior needs to be completed. It runs and drives as it sits, only has a bad exhaust leak really. I was told that its a 312 with a 58 synchro 3 speed in it, but I have no idea really. Car is originally a 292 car but it's really not a big deal to me, like I said, it's going to end up a big block car. Anyways, just wanted to show off a little, there is a link below to a album with a bunch of pics I took when I got it in the driveway. Thanks.  

http://s58.beta.photobucket.com/user/cableguyjjs97/library/57%20Ranchero

Ban low performance driver's, not high performance cars.

CableguyJJS3

One question I do have though, does anyone know what bolts to the top of this bracket?? The generator is hanging underneath it. I'm thinkin a/c but not sure. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.  Jim

Ford Blue blood

That is the stock factory air compressor mount.  The generator should have a two groove pulley on it....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

gasman826

Bumpers good enough to see the camera man...  Red theme going on... I'd say ya got a project.

Thanks for the pictures.

I think exhaust leak is way understated.

Looking forward to what comes next.

Need anything?

RICH MUISE

looks like a great project car...good score.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CableguyJJS3

Yeah I was very pleased with how good the condition is on the bumpers, and the grill for that matter. Dont see them original that nice very often. The car came with all the side stainless as well, also in great shape, aside from having holes drilled all down the length of them. It's a shame someone did that, but they obviously didnt know how to put them on the car. Not a big deal I want the wider stainless to match the sedan anyways. The guy I got it from is a paint and metal man by trade, his metal work is spectacular, paint work leaves a bit to be desired though. Thankfully its just jambs and the dash right now. I think he was heading for a red and black car, kinda the unofficial Georgia state colors. Yeah the exhaust leak is horrendous, but it's only a broken manifold, and there is a replacement set in the bed that came with it, so shouldn't be tough to fix. Thanks for the confirmation on the bracket, I figured a/c but I wasn't sure. As for needing things, it's hard to say right now. The car itself doesn't really need alot, and really nothing major is missing, trim pieces and such, and most of that is in the box of stuff I got with the car. About the only thing I can think of off the top of my head is the gauge cluster and a set of interior door handles and window cranks. And I hesitate to even ask for that stuff because I believe I have all that stuff in the spare parts car I have, but I need to check all that out. I would like to find a good black carpet for it though and maybe a headliner. Next step will be cure the exhaust leak clean up all the destroyed wiring put some kind of completed interior in it and drive it for awhile I think. After I get it to that point it will get torn down finsh the metal work get it in paint rebuild the chasiss and do the drivetrain swap.

Frankenstein57

xsilencex