News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Gravel pan?

Started by jarhead1986, 2012-12-09 19:14

Previous topic - Next topic

jarhead1986

What is the proper name for the piece of sheet metal that goes from fender to fender under the grill in behind the bumper on 57-58 car? I need one bad but I cant find any info on the web about it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jarhead
:unitedstates:

RICH MUISE

Don't know what the technical term is, but gravel pan/or shield sounds good to me. I think most call it that or a splash shield/or pan. Probably neither is technically correct.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

JPotter57

The `57 Shop Manual calls it a front bumper stone deflector.  I always called it a gravel shield or splash pan too....
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Wirenut

Jarhead,57 Ford.com has a supplier listed that is making the pebble guards. They look like a nice piece but I do not know anyone that has purchased on from the maker.. Good Luck

gasman826

The (gravel, stone) (guard, shield, deflector) is not being repoped yet.  The inventor of good, available parts is too high.  This part is not usually rusted beyond repair but sometimes bent.  I have an extra and I am fairly sure that it would cost more to ship than it is worth.

RICH MUISE

Kerby...I don't think the part you are refering to is the same one that Jarhead was asking about.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

He's talking about the splash shields behind the turn signals that Randy makes.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

jarhead1986

Mine is not bent up but it is rusted to the point
Of no return. It's kinda got me held up cause I can't put
The grille or any of the chrome on the front.

jarhead1986

And by the way. Thanks for y'all's help!

jarhead1986

Alex L.

DON'T ORDER FROM THEM!!!!

Scam alert.

jarhead1986

Thanks for the heads up. The price was outrageous
anyway. Goin to look at 58 ranchero this weekend
so maybe it will have the parts I need.

JPotter57

Do a search for them here..I bought about $2400 worth of stuff from them a few years ago, and it was worthless...I went into great detail the quality you can expect.  This was of course after I had exhausted all neans of trying to contact them.  They would not answer emails or phone calls, so after several days of that, I typed up several hundred words of complaints about their sorry products, and copy/pasted them into about 20 different message forums I was a member of...
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Frankenstein57

Jarhead, the 58 stuff is different on the front end. The whole front clip is different, as a whole it will fit the car,but parts are not the same except the inner fenders, radiator bulkhead. If the body is pretty good, I'm lookin.   Mark

jarhead1986

It's goin on my 58 so it should be the same
right? Thanks for y'all's help guys.