News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Power window conversions

Started by fomocochoptop, 2007-10-10 09:51

Previous topic - Next topic

fomocochoptop

I was thinking of adding power window to the Ranchero and was wondering what would be the best way of doing that conversions.
Anybody out there try using original equipment and modifying it to work on an early Ford?

Ford Blue blood

Ther is an outfit in GA that modifies the stock regulators to work with a motor.  Don't recall the name but they had a link on WWW.HOTROD.COM.  Many of the after market kits work very well and there has been numerous articles on installation in a bunch of years, makes and models.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

redshoes57

The name of the company is NU-RELICS. They are in East Bend NC. ph 336 699-8949. I bough a set at the street rod nationals. They are direct bolt in on a 57 ford. The cost is $440.00.

fomocochoptop

Thanks for the information redshoes57.  Theres nothing better than a direct bolt-on Set-up.

Ford Blue blood

Thats them!  Good friend had to send his to them for modification, 41 Olds 4dr, as they had no stock units.  They have worked flawlessly for the past six years and were truely bolt in.
Redshoes what kind of street rod do you have?  Mine is a 36 Chevy with a 351C/FMX, Must II, PWR,air and 135K on it since 1980.  It is in serious need of re-build but it has been dependable!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

dgasman

Look for power window regs from a 58 - 60 T BIRD . These will bolt on with no mods and they are not hard to find . I have picked them up for as little as $10.00 off ebay . The most I have paid for one is $40.00 from Memory Lane . Good Luck.
HAPPY MOTORING
dgasman

redshoes57

I have a 36 ford 3 window coupe, It has a 351 W with tremac 5 speed, 9 in ford with 370 gears. I think i' m going to put a 3.25 gear in it. I'v had it since 1992.

fomocochoptop

1958 and 1959 Thundebird.  I heard about that a while back and nver tried it.  So i take it youv'e done this on one of your cars.

dgasman

Yes I have done it on my wagon and have all the parts for my rancho . The T-Bird door power regs are identical to the passinger car door power regs they just have a different part #. I don't know about rear window regs since i only have front windows on my rides.
HAPPY MOTORING
dgasman

fomocochoptop

I Remember now Ken, It's been a while.  I Still help out on Saturday.  I have a 1958 9 passenger Bermuda wagon that i would like to put in power windows in it.
I have made some more changes to my ranchero.

briney

This post tells me exactly why I love reading this board. It makes my day!

Everyone is eager and willing share information and help other 57 lovers.

Lets keep it going...

Thanks Guys.  :001:

Patrick / Dallas TX  :unitedstates:
If it won't fit, force it.
If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

fomocochoptop

Picked up some Power window regulators this weekend off  a 1959 Squarebird. Tried themwhen i got home on and wala Presto they bolted right on.  Good Deal Ken Thanks for the info.

cool57

Great info! Now, does anyone know of a quarter window conversion?

dgasman

choptop,
I'm glad you were able to get the window regs . Your rancho is looking good  . Don't forget to pick up the wire guides off the birds doors .They bolt onto the doors after you drill the holes for them and the wires . If you look closely you will see the dimples on the door for the holes for the wire guides . The factory wire guides hide the wires nicely .
Kent
HAPPY MOTORING
dgasman

fomocochoptop

I Pulled off those wire guides also. i needed to remove them in order to pull the wirng harness.  I always take whatever i can.  also pulled of the Swithches of the center console. Thanks