Started by shopratwoody, 2007-10-22 19:20

Previous topic - Next topic

shopratwoody

Want to know if anyone has done there own
Thanks, Ron :004:
I hate blocksanding!

JimNolan

Ron,
   If you don't get advice from a ranchero or sedan owner I'll share my hardtop experience. From looking at the ranchero I had for a while, I think there's a lot of difference between a sedan door and a hardtop door.
   I will tell you this, when you install new channel whatever you do don't use pop rivets to re-install it. You'll break your windows that way. The windows rattle around in the channel and the pop rivet head digs into the glass.
Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

shopratwoody

Jim,
I'm trying to decide if I should get all the stuff from Carpenter in advance and do it myself of not. I think I'll
call the Glass House tomorrow and figure out from there
I hate blocksanding!

custom300fe

Amen to no pop rivets.

It's also very hard to get the curve in the channel at the top rear of the door.
When I got finished doing the ones on the 56 I had it looked like a two year old could have done better.

Custom 300 2dr
390 + 30
Edelbrock Heads
Ported Street Dominator, 750 DP
Crites 2" Long tube Headers
C-6
3:55 Trac-Loc

shopratwoody

Thanks for the replys, I just called the Glass House and he's booked for a year. I think I'll order the stuff today
and go as far as I can. I'm sure I can do most of it except for that channel at the rear post.
I hate blocksanding!

fomocochoptop

Try Calling Lee @ Alan auto Glass in Burbank
He Did The Glass work on my 1958 Ranchero a couple of years ago.
Alan Auto Glass
599 S.Bonnywood Pl.
.BURBANK, CA. 91502818-845- ...
Phone: (818) 845-7300
He has Many years of experience.Does Alot of Movie Cars.
I'm Gonna Take my take my Choptop to him when its ready for the Glass.

shopratwoody

Thanks Choptop,
I'll give him a call :burnout: Your Ranchero is looking good. Did you hae to get into the bulkhead or floor?
Ron
I hate blocksanding!

ECODE70D57FORD

If you don't recommend the use pop rivets on the channels, what to you suggest?   

custom300fe

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2007-10-24 00:59
If you don't recommend the use pop rivets on the channels, what to you suggest?  

When I did my 56 I used pop rivets and the first time I put the window up it chipped the glass. A friend of mine did his 57 and nothing happened when he put the window up but a couple of days driving and he had a crack in the window that started right where one of the rivets was. I then got some narrow foam weather stripping with the adhesive backing at the hardware store and put it in the top of the channel. That solved the problem on that one. I found that it was only needed in the top not the back.

When I do the 57 I'll have to find a better way.

Custom 300 2dr
390 + 30
Edelbrock Heads
Ported Street Dominator, 750 DP
Crites 2" Long tube Headers
C-6
3:55 Trac-Loc

shopratwoody

I was able to get everything for the windows for the Ranchero at C&G Ford Parts in Escondido, CA.
It includes fasteners also. Carpenter only had hardtop stuff that you'd have to alter. This place is where
Roger (RAWMS) bought all his stuff.
later, Ron :004:
I hate blocksanding!

57AGIN

Ron

Do you know if C & G Ford Parts has a catalog?

Bob
57AGIN

KidKourier

57Agin, C & G does have a catalog_____  C & G Early Ford Parts   1941 Commercial St., Escondido.Ca. 92029-1233, (760)740-2400-- Fax # (760)740-8700 Or-- www.cgfordparts.com or--E-mail: cgford@cgfordparts.com.Store hours are-- M_F 9:00am--5:00pm,Sat. 9:00am -3:oopm. Catalog was $5.00 but will refund price on 1st order,really nice people and know their stuff on 57's. You never know what might show up at their store,was there 2months ago and there were "7" 1957 Fords in the parking lot buying parts and general B.Sing with everybody. Hope this helps .  SKIP

shopratwoody

Bob,
Yes they do....nice Folks. I'm gonna start on my doors soon as I get in the mood :001:
Later, Ron :004:
I hate blocksanding!

57AGIN

Kid Courier & Shopratwoody:

Thanks a bunch, I'll get in touch with C & G and get one of their catalogs.

Bob
57AGIN