News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 Retractable

Started by teejay99, 2013-01-21 21:01

Previous topic - Next topic

teejay99

Anyone watch Barrett Jackson and catch the black 57 retractable ...came right after that crazy Bat Mobile ? I almost fell off my chair as the 57 went for 300k . Great looking car but isn't that a bit over the top? Or not ?

T

RICH MUISE

T...probably was over the top a bit, but when several wealthy people want the same thing....
That said, it was totally the F code designation that got it there. I didn't see the car, but my guess would be the incredible restoration the car received never would have happened, at least  to that extent if it weren't an f code. Somebody posted earlier there were only 20 F code retractables made, and this one was loaded with all the other factory options as well.
Welcome to the forumn, btw
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Jerrys Kars

Does anyone know if the engine was original with all the original heads, intake, carb etc? Also had dealer installed dress up items, V-bar with wing guards, hockeys and rockers, T-Bird wheel covers, twin spotlights, looks like correct continental kit and exhaust deflectors.
But on second thought maybe some items were ordered with car?