News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Need Steering:

Started by marsala13, 2013-01-24 11:20

Previous topic - Next topic

marsala13

I need a manual rack for my 57 Ford. I can't find one that will work. I hope somebody can help me out on this. THANKS!!!

gasman826

Goto the HOME page and put the word rack in the search box and you will have plenty of help.

RICH MUISE

I didn't respond to his question because I didn't know about the "manual" portion of his question. Are the rack systems we've been using available, or usable, without the power assist?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

gasman826

I want the comfort of PS.  If I'm doing all the work to upgrade my steering it isn't going to be manual.  If one wants manual, nearly all the different racks we've talked about are also available in manual version.  Going off in another direction.  I'm helping a friend put late model electric assist steering in a 1st gen Chevy II.

RICH MUISE

Marsala..fogot to welcome you to the forumn. If you don't have sucess finding what you're looking for with the search, most of the threads Gary was talking about will be in the steering section
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

wildhog

The rack system that we sell uses a power rack. Every thing would be the same, but it is very hard to find a cavalier rack that is not power. If you can find a non power rack we could hook you up with the rest of the kit. Tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)