News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

custom for sale

Started by 4thgen57, 2013-01-27 17:14

Previous topic - Next topic

4thgen57

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1957-Ford-Custom-/330861793648?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4d08e65170

Was wondering if anyone thinks this price is ok for a parts car? It may restorable, but I am only interested in parts.
Thanks

57 Ford Kustom

4thgen,
   I think the car looks nice for a parts car, but it's priced pretty high if you ask me. But if there are any floors, rockers, lowerdoors, and quarters left, it looks like a nice restore project!
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

RICH MUISE

Just mho...I'd keep looking. I would think 1K would high for this...looks to be really rough. Hard to tell from photos, but it sure looks like the rust has progressed way beyond surface rust, so it begs the question...what could you posibly use off it that would be worth 3K? Look at what some of the guys have been picking up for alot less, or alot more car for the same $. I know location has tons to do with it, but disregarding that, I think you'd be kicking yourself. 4 dr. also. Nothing wrong with 4 drs, they just don't bring the money 2 drs. do.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

JimNolan

I'm like Rich, keep looking.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

4thgen57

I thought 3000 may be a little high. Mine is a 4 door and thought I might be able get spare parts also, like trim and things. However it is still 6 to 7 hours from me also.

Zapato

does have the ribbed paint divider strips some guys are always searching for, but that doesn't make it worth 3large.

zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

4thgen57

The paint dividers are one of many things I wanted, along with the 3rd pedal under the dash! Its hard to see just how bad the rust is. But I can say the Fenders do not have the holes in them like mine.

JPotter57

1000 would be high for a Custom 4 door...wow, I thought all those turkeys who think everything is a collectable classic lived down here.  FWIW, I gave $400 for one in that shape about 3 or 4 years ago, and $300 for a better one 2 years ago.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

RICH MUISE

What are you needing...a clutch pedal? I may have one..If I do I'll send it to you and save ya 3 xlarge.

4thgen57

Thanks rich, What I will need eventually is the whole linkage setup. Like I said I didnt think it was 3 grand, I just wasnt sure.

Ford Blue blood

Keep looking, I really got f*** over by a fellow that advertised a 57 2dr wagon as "rust free" and I drank the cool aid, there are parts and cars out there that will meet your needs for less money!  There are folks that "don't know", folks that want to "get out" and folks that just want to HELP us true particians that love 57 Fords.  IMHO don't jump on the first thing that you think will be the end to all!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

4thgen57

Thanks for all the replies. it confirmed my thoughts.

JimNolan

If I were you I'd call the guy and tell him when he got serious about a price to call you. I had one like that the junk yard came and got and I was tickled not to have to pay them. I eventually sold the car's vin plate and title to a guy that had put 20K into a salvage titled vehicle before he realized what he'd done. That car will eventually get sold for $300 and removal from his property. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Frankenstein57

About 7 years ago I over paid for a midwest ranchero, which I am replacing now. And it was $700 less.

RICH MUISE

Quote from: 4thgen57 on 2013-01-27 19:24
Thanks rich, What I will need eventually is the whole linkage setup. Like I said I didnt think it was 3 grand, I just wasnt sure.
I may have that too...what are you putting in? Is it an auto that you're changing to a manual. I should have the original linkage and stuff I pulled off my old 6 cyl three on the tree. I can't remember what I used of the old parts for the shaft going thru the pedals to attach to the bracket, so I may or may not have that.