News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Valve Cover Decals for FE Engines

Started by Tom S, 2013-02-03 00:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom S

I never got my hands on any valve cover decals for the 406 in my Roadster.
All the talk about FE engines in a recent thread, and the 406 in particular, got me thinking about these valve cover decals again.
This is the stock 406 decal.  I never really liked them all that much.

What I really wanted was one like this but I think it's safe to say that Ford never made any with with a 406 logo.  My 406 has the same valve covers.

Got to searching the net again & finally found what I was looking for.

First one I found, horrible pic, didn't order.  They probably actually do look as good as the others I found later & probably all from the same supplier.  But since these are made by an unknown aftermarket outfit I wasn't gonna take the chance on the quality based on this pic.  His other valve cover decals look just fine.  ??
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-GALAXIE-406-EAGLE-BIRD-EMBLEM-DECALS-PAIR-/360516598041#vi-content

No pic of the 406 one but the one that the 460 guys might want looks good.  Don't come in pairs.
https://secure435.hostgator.com/~dlvry40//ufolder/ShowProducts.php?c=2&s=107&g=832&t=4885

Ordered from here, also has that same "eagle style" 460 decal.  Don't understand why all these guys call this an 'eagle' when it's a Thunderbird.  Ordered two sets!  Just in case .... :002:
http://www.perogie.com/fordenginesvcdecals.htm

Don't know what valve covers I'm gonna end up on the 390 I want to put in the Ranchero but it would be nice to have the option of one of those T-bird decals with a 390 logo.  Couldn't find any.    :(

Ecode70D

Quote from: Tom S on 2013-02-03 00:54

This is the stock 406 decal.  I never really liked them all that much.

Oh but I like those 406 decals.  You can be sure that I had them the rocker covers in my 58 Ford. That car always had the hood open when I went to a car cruise.
     This is another picture of some of my 58s,.if I get this picture to come through.  The first one I found for a friend of mine and did some work on it. Middle one you have already seen. 
Back red one is another one I built.

Ecode70D

Try again....   More of my 58s

Lou

Just sold a set of nos valve covers wth these decals on them.

Tom S

Fixified ...
Quote from: Tom S on 2013-02-03 00:54This is the stock 406 decal.  I never really liked them all that much.
Jay's reply was really this:
Oh but I like those 406 decals.  You can be sure that I had them the rocker covers in my 58 Ford. That car always had the hood open when I went to a car cruise.
Jay, ya gotta add your comment after the last /quote thing that is surrounded by the last ]  & first [ bracket.
Use the 'preview' button below & then scroll up to read it to check your post before you hit the 'post' button 

Start of a quote starts with the word quote & has this bracket in the front of it >> [ & the same bracket facing the other way at the end. The end of the the quote is the same but has this sign >> / after the the first bracket & before the word quote.  If you edit & lose those brackets >> [ ] it don't work right.
Gotta explain it that way because I can't post them in the proper order or it doesn't show up right.
Emm, well, maybe not on this forum. Like so ...
[quote Tom] *** [/quote]
If it had author= between the word quote & Tom it would have shown up as a real quote, like so....
Quote from:  Tom***
I understand & know it ain't the same as gettin' your hands on 4 speed transmission parts, or any real parts.  But like learning to ride bike or shift a 3 on the tree ... 

Tom S

Quote from: Lou on 2013-02-03 19:16
Just sold a set of nos valve covers wth these decals on them.
With the 406 decals?        Where was this?

RICH MUISE

Yeah,Lou, I was wondering about those also. Any history behind those? Dearborn Tubing??? Was there a tie in to Ford and/or other Detroit Mfgs. back then? That decal just doesn't make sense that it would be on a Ford Engine, even as a replacement part they manufactured for Ford.
Jay, LOL....I'm beginning to think Tom was a school teacher in another life.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Dearborn Tubing built many concept cars for Ford.  The "Italien" is a good example.  A 62 Bird convertible turned into the fastback 63 Thunderbird concept car.  This was an actual running driving Bird that ended up in CA at a huge Mustang/Ford guys place in a really crappy blue paint job.  Here are a couple of shots after it was restored to it's original glory.  I believe they were also responsible for the Thunderbolts, Boss 429 Mustangs and the Talledegas.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

rmk57

Boss 429's were built at Kar Kraft engineering.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Ecode70D

Bill
    I never saw one of those cars.  That's beautiful. Thanks for posting it.
Jay

RICH MUISE

RMK..I think Bill was talking the prototypes, not the production facilities.
I'm with Jay...that's an awesome T-bird. Love the roof line.

Ford Blue blood

That is correct, they did the prototypes/engineering work.  Cars that went to production were done at Kar Kraft.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

RICH MUISE

I went back and looked closer at the pics. After taking a real close scrutinizing look at all the details, I've definetly decided there's nothing about it I don't absolutly love.
Man, why wasn't I born into money??

Frankenstein57

That's cool, I love the bullet birds 61, 62, 63. Came close to buying one twice.My cousin has one in Santa Barbara she doesn't use. Original Black & Gold plate, she's had it since high school in the 70's. I have first dibs on it if she sells. I always liked these, probably cause I can't afford a tri-five. Mark

Ford Blue blood

Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero