News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Billet Specialties AC vents

Started by Zapato, 2013-02-12 14:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapato

figured starting a new thread would be better than adding it to the one couple weeks back.

here it goes  they offer 3 different models all same dimensions, as follows   

dash opening: 2 1/2''
   hose size: 2 1/2''
   outer bezel: 2 3/4''
   mounting depth: 1 7/8''

part numbers as follow

38220 Silhouette Billet A/C vent   $44.95  (all billet 8 spoke front)
   38320 Slotted Billet A/C Vent       $44.95  (all billet 5 slots)
   Billet Bezel A/C Vent                   $25.95  (3 slots black center section)

All of these the center rotates freely ,none however have a closed position to stop air flow.

Not into billet look myself so would probably go with the cheaper one as it mimics a gauge by having a polished bezel and a black face.

Zap- :unitedstates:

Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

gasman826

Where you going to put them?

...an odd thing.  I just took pictures of some extra AC stuff that I will put on eBay.
Vintage Air grills

Zapato

At this time not thinking of running air myself, these were on a 57 that someone posted pictures of a couple weeks ago and the article said the were made by BS, I contacted their online question link asking for size and was told they were shipping me a catalog. So was just following up and providing dimensions.

Zapato

RICH MUISE

The cheaper ones you listed sound like the ones I ended up using. Just the outer ring is polished aluminum. The plastic center sections can be rotated to a closed position however.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

sure looks like the ones in the catalog, so is the black center a rotating ball.

Zapato

RICH MUISE

Zap..Yeah, it rotates so you can have no openings. It's kinda sloppy fit, so it wouldn't be air tight, but it'll block off most of the air stream.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe