News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Door latch

Started by Ecode70D, 2013-02-14 19:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom S

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2013-02-19 13:32... forced to buy one of those bikes off of you.  .....  Did you follow that neat thread on the Hamb about unchopping the 57 Ranchero? .....  did you ever get the side trim stainless ...
Bikes, ... do you ride?  Have you?  Much?  The possibility of having the acceleration of a 'Supercar' for a tenth, or much less, of a supercar's price is great.  Think perfectly streetable sub-10 second 1/4 & 185-190 mph top speeds.  Right off the showroom floor for ~14-15K. 
I think my Roadster is probably a hair quicker than any bike I now own but I can use the power & superior acceleration on the bikes without attracting nearly that much attention.  By using good judgment hardly any attention at all.

No, haven't been following that thread on HAMB.  I think I found the thread a while back but it took a lot of digging around.  Don't know why people don't post a link when they bring these things up.
Yes, I got the stainless trim quite a while ago.  I have mentioned it before, thought you saw it.
Quote from: Ecode70D... Tom will find the 57 Ranchero with the Edsel nose....
??
Man, this has gone way off the subject of door latches!

RICH MUISE

It wasn't a thread I was talking about, it was his photo album. That's why I mentioned his hamb name..just go to his profile and it'll show the different albums he has.(ExStreamliner)
He does however have a long thread on the Ranchero also...don't know the exact title of it though..something about unchopping a ranchero.
I don't know how to paste links.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Tom S

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2013-02-19 13:32Did you follow that neat thread on the Hamb about unchopping the 57 Ranchero?  Go to page 27 and you will find a 57 Ranchero like yours.
I guess you are talking about this ...

In this page 27 post ...
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7244937&postcount=538
In this thread ...
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=567430

Yes. I have seen that one before.  With those scallops that is kinda 'loud' for my taste.
These are a bit more subtle.  (If you can call an Edsel nose 'subtle'.  They never were!)

This side trim sucks.

Like the color on this one ...

But not the 'horseshoe' in the grille.   Better ...

Tom S

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2013-02-19 23:18I don't know how to paste links.
:o  Click URL to highlite, right click & select 'copy', paste into the post.

Tom S

Rich, did you try it?
Here is the URL to 'Exstreamliner's' albums.
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/album.php?u=79389
I like that little bob tailed T.  'Sept fer the mill.  : (

RICH MUISE

RICH MUISE

and speaking of door latches..I love the way the grilles on those edsels wrap around the fender. Kinda the same idea I think as the Canadian '57 Fords. I just don't like the big oval grille..Strange though...I always liked the lincoln big rectangular grilles. How clean looking that Edsel nose would be if the oval wasn't there and the hood and grille just went straight across. I've seen custom '57 fords with those bumpers also..guess I never realized they were edsel.

RICH MUISE

I take back the bumper thing..the ones I had seen were much smaller.

Tom S

The oval Edsel grille always sorta-kinda reminded me of a 32 Ford grille, or at least it's grille shell.  Ford's first grille & about my favorite. 

That said, I think the 56 & 57 Ford grilles are the best.

Door latch. 

Zapato

Have always thought those Edsel front bumpers a bit o the heavy side, would look a lot cleaner with a nice section taken right out of the middle.

Now to get back on subject anyone know if the Edsel door latches are compatible with our 57s? :nutkick:

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Ford Blue blood

Yes, the 58 Edsel doors are identical in every respect to 57 - 58 Ford doors.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Ecode70D

[quote author=RICH MUISE
..I love the way the grilles on those edsels wrap around the fender. Kinda the same idea I think as the Canadian '57 Fords.   I've seen custom '57 fords with those bumpers also..guess I never realized they were edsel.
[/quote]
   Rich I like the way they wrap around the fender also. Could you have been thinking about mid 50s Pontiac?   Seems to me that they wrapped around a little also.
    Tom  The scolloped one is too loud and the Edsel grill does sorta/kinda remind me of a deuce grill.  I suppose that If I had it, I could always primer the body and dye the seats to one color.   Check your PM.

Tom S

Quote from: Zapato link=topic=3945.msg25443#msg25443date=1361344630Have always thought those Edsel front bumpers a bit o the heavy side ....
Door latch.
I agree. Section taken of the middle?  What middle?
Quote from: Ecode70D on 2013-02-20 10:23Check your PM.
Didn?t get one from you.

Do you hit the 'Preview' button & scroll up to read it before you hit the 'Post' button?
For the quote thing to work you have to be sure that these brackets >>> [ ] are in place.  The one behind the long 'date' number that shows up before it is actually posted is missing in your 'quote' posts.  It is real easy for that to get eliminated when editing the quote.  Easy to put it, >>> ], back in.   :002:

Oh!  Door latch!

Ecode70D

Quote from: Tom S on 2013-02-20 13:08
Door latch.
Didn?t get one from you.
Tom   I just sent you another PM  Jay
I do hit he preview button, but it does not always come out like I want it.

Zapato

Quote from: Tom S on 2013-02-20 13:08

I agree. Section taken of the middle?  What middle?

lets see how to  explain this, leave the overall shape the same but cut (section) a couple inches across the whole length of each bumper. Or find something else with a more pleasing cross shape that could be worked to fit. For me they're not only heavy looking but are too square with an industrial look to them, not flashy enough for the rest of the car.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72