News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

I love Oklahoma

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-02-17 11:30

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

OK..posts are a little slow, so I'll post an OT story. When I came back from The swap meet in Witchita, Ks., I came back thru Ok. City. It had probably been 15 years since I was on a toll road. I know it's an everyday thing for most of you easterners, and some of you Cal. guys, but we just don't have too many toll roads around here. Well, did the first one ok coming down I35, and got onto my second one on the Kirkpatrick expressway that skirts around Ok. City. As I approached the toll booths, the sign said the left lanes were for the electronic pass cars, and the right two lanes were for "CASH CUSTOMERS". I pulled into one of the two right lanes and pulled up to the booth. No attendant..just a coin drop. The toll was 1.15. I fished thru my pockets and had 1.05 in coins and a handful of pennies. I threw the 1.05 in and searched the car for another dime. no luck. Meanwhile there was starting to get a number of cars behind me as it was 5 pm. I threw a handful of pennies in..light still didn't turn green, then I noticed the sign that said no pennies. Well, I sure as hell wasn't gonna get out of my car to see if anyone had change for a dollar..or even a dime for a dollar..so I just went on thru. Bells and whistles started going off...sheetttt! I kept watching my rearview mirror waiting for a cop. That didn't happen. I then figured I'd be getting a ticket in  the mail for 60-80-100 bucks...because of pennies instead of a dime!
I got a letter in the mail from OK. this week. No, it wasn't a ticket. It was a really nice letter explaining toll roads, and if I had an electronic pass, I needed to get it checked because it wasn't registering on their computer. Otherwise, it said, I really needed to stop and pay the required toll. I love Oklahoma.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

Rich
  You don't really believe that you would get off the hook that easy in Taxachusetts do you?  LOL
    Around here you just have to get used to having several dollars worth of change hidden out of sight somewhere in your car because every move you make there is some sort of a toll.
     Remember when you had to pay a dime to go over the Mystic River bridge to go to Adventure car hop in Saugus?
      Jay

57 Ford Kustom

Similar thing happened to me in New Hampshire Rich! I had four young chinldren and the wife in the car, we were at the toll outside of manchester NH ( the one that is just before the state liquor store/ rest area! Go figure!). I was a nickle short, the traffic was a mile long, horns blaring, kid's screaming, wife nagging! I ran it, one week later a $40.00 ticket! I explained what happened, enclosed a nickle, and sent it. Believe it or not they accepted it! :003: :003: :003:
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

57 Ford Kustom

BTW, I didn't include the wife nagging in my comments to the state of New Hampshire! :003: :wav:
Tim

sprink88

HAHA. Tim, I cannot believe that your wife would be nagging. She looks to nice sitting on your car. Believe me, I agree about the kids though!
~Chris

57 Ford Kustom

Sprink,
   Wolf in sheeps clothing! :naughty: :003:

hiball3985

Quote from: 57 Ford Kustom on 2013-02-17 18:51
Sprink,
   Wolf in sheeps clothing! :naughty: :003:
So what attracted you to sheep? I've heard of your type  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

57 Ford Kustom

Hiball,
   Why do you always bring me there!LOL :laughing7:

hiball3985

Quote from: 57 Ford Kustom on 2013-02-17 19:55
Hiball,
   Why do you always bring me there!LOL :laughing7:
Birds of a feather I guess  :003:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

sprink88

HAHAHAHA. I know. My wife, wow. Watch out when she gets cranky too!
~Chris

57 Ford Kustom

I actually like wolves, I like to dress them up as sheep! :003:Lol!

hiball3985

Quote from: 57 Ford Kustom on 2013-02-18 19:58
I actually like wolves, I like to dress them up as sheep! :003:Lol!
Now I have visions of you in a sheep herders outfit  :toothy9:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Tom S

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2013-02-17 19:22So what attracted you to sheep? I've heard of your type  :003:
Quote from: 57 Ford Kustom on 2013-02-18 19:58
I actually like wolves, I like to dress them up as sheep! :003:
Are you two gonna start this stuff again?    Was tempted to post a pic of a shaved err... sheared sheep. 

hiball3985

This is all Tim's fault, he is always getting me into these things  :003:.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Tom S

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2013-02-18 22:16This is all Tim's fault ...
   Nope.  Ain't how it looks from here.  You started this one all by yourself.