News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

My motor

Started by Mark, 2013-02-17 19:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark

Anybody ever see a 292 in a Toyota?

Mark

Had to get it home to put back in the car

JimNolan

Nice looking car.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Ecode70D

Mark
     There is nothing like having a nice fresh Y block.
     Your 57 is going to be very happy when you do the installation.
Jay 

Ford Blue blood

I would have used a F100 or F150 to do it......  :003:
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

hiball3985

Is it a stock 292 or have you done some mods?
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

57 Ford Kustom

I saw a rebuilt 272 on ebay a couple of weeks ago. The guy had it on a stand, ran it, it sounded nice! By the time he listed all the things that didn't come with the sale, you were only actually buying a block.
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

Mark

Here's what was done to my motor

hiball3985

Looks like they did everything, Nice. I'm just not use to those prices, I build all my own engines.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Mark

I'm waiting for a thrust washer for the converter, the transmission is done so I will be able to start putting everything back together this weekend.

hiball3985

That will be one nice Fairlane. I bet you can't wait to get it on the road..
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Mark

I have drove it the last two summers and it ran ok but I know it will be better. The car had 75000 miles on it when I got it and I put maybe 1500 miles on it but did not trust it to go to far from home. Yes I spent a lot on it, I have to think he did a better job on it than I could have (I'm a plumber and he's a Engine builder with a machine shop).  I tore it down and he put it back together.  Time is a big factor too, I spent too much time working on my 64 and now I find it's more fun to just drive them.

Mark

Blue Blood, I would have used my Ranger but a tree fell on it and you can not get a new one. The picture in the truck i posted for Rich Muise just to see how he would react   haha

hiball3985

Quote from: Mark on 2013-02-18 21:29
I have drove it the last two summers and it ran ok but I know it will be better. The car had 75000 miles on it when I got it and I put maybe 1500 miles on it but did not trust it to go to far from home. Yes I spent a lot on it, I have to think he did a better job on it than I could have (I'm a plumber and he's a Engine builder with a machine shop).  I tore it down and he put it back together.  Time is a big factor too, I spent too much time working on my 64 and now I find it's more fun to just drive them.
Thats understandable, I wish I had the $$$ to pay some one else. I know there are good professional shops but I always feel better about doing it myself, I'm just getting old and slow. I just spent the week end straightening out most of the wiring on mine that a plumber did  :003:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

JimNolan

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2013-02-18 20:28
Looks like they did everything, Nice. I'm just not use to those prices, I build all my own engines.
I don't think he did that bad as far as having someone do it. I just got through putting my 410ci FE motor together and I had $900.00 in labor and $7100.00 in parts. I too like to build my own engines.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.