News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Mac's

Started by Mark, 2013-02-25 14:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark

I called Mac's to order parts and was told they had just changed over to a new system and then they tell me the charge on my card would be Eklers !!!  I told the I still remember my last order with Dearborn Classic when they took over----- cancel this order!    Dennis Carpenter will fill this one

57 Ford Kustom

Mark,
   Thanks for the heads up! And just think, I came really, really close to placing an order with them on Saturday, I went with Napa instead.
Thanks,
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

Tom S

Quote from: Mark on 2013-02-25 14:23I told the I still remember my last order with Dearborn Classic when they took over-----
What happened?

Mark

Just as Eklers bought Dearborn I had ordered a complete interior for my 64, I got everything but the driver side arm rest. I tried to get it again and again, they sent me an arm rest for who knows what after 5 or 6 months. when I called the again they said it was a supplier that quit working with them. to this day my interior looks great till you see the old armrest. I would not have spent all the money on the interior if I couldn't have completed it, yet every time they sent a new catalog out -there it is, call to order and it's not in stock. I'm still really pissed about it and now the have Mac's

sprink88

I had an issue with a simple car cover. Was drop shipped from manufacturer. No where on web site says it takes 6 weeks for delivery. Had to be "made" is what they said. They just don't stock them. Well I FINALLY get the cover, after snow has already fallen and the box and tag just had I think size "E" on it. Doesn't fit like a custom cover. At least all my bitching, they refunded the $9.99 shipping. Not to happy with them either.  :deadhorse: At least I am not the only one who is unhappy
~Chris

clusterbuster

I have purchased alot of parts from Mac's and the thing that ticked me off about them was their shipping charges. Our state is next to them and they whack you. I could ship cross country for less. I like Carpenter as they have fair shipping charges, but they don't have near the inventory that Mac's have. Thanks for the heads up. I will try to avoid the new establishment.

hiball3985

This isn't good news at all. I placed an order last Friday and was wondering why I hadn't received any information on the order being filled or shipped. They usually got stuff mailed out to me in a day or two..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang