News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Location and Style of exterior mirrors

Started by ROKuberski, 2013-03-11 21:47

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Somebody got an awersome car. I'm seeing a few minor diferences in the first pic with the three cars, and the last pic alone...I'm assumming they are not the same car??
Do you build these yourself? On the one you sold...I'm curious what those tailight lenses are.
I really like the tube grille though...seems much more substantial with the 5 larger bars than the typical 8-11 bar grilles I've seen. Did you make it, or have it made, and is it chrome or stainless?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

SkylinerRon

Outside mirrors were optional, mostly dealer installed w/different price ranges!
There were dealer kits for heaters (2), a/c (2) radios (3) and much other stuff.
The spotlights w/mirrors were made by Unity (still in business) and sold thru Ford.
Regards,
Ron.

ragtop

all diffrent cars the car I sold- taillights are flat red lenses with blue dots with 1950 pontiac radio speaker grills over them the grill was a nos jc whitney or one of the early hot rod custom company the box it was in had a 1959 date on it the grill in the outher car I got off e-bay and I'm looking for more only grill I like new ones have to many bars  its stainless and only 1/2 tubes but the company that makes the new grills said he can make me one for around 450 to 500 did not have that much in the outher 2 together

57 Ford Kustom

aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: ragtop on 2013-03-26 11:34
and I'm looking for more only grill I like new ones have to many bars  its stainless and only 1/2 tubes but the company that makes the new grills said he can make me one for around 450 to 500 did not have that much in the outher 2 together

Would that have been these folks?

http://www.butchscoolstuff.com/

Talked with them at the Good Guys in Nashville, they are really good folks to work with, used several of Butches kits over the years.  Butch is still involved so I expect that things are pretty much on top as they were in the past.  My buddy was looking for a grill for his 57 and they stated they were going to start engineering the tube grill this past summer....and...they quoted him 300 - 400 for thye thing.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Thanks for the reply on the grilles. Those are great looking cars..love that clean look..nosed,straight bar grille,no bumper guards...perfect!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

ragtop

never worked with him but I did buy a lot from nightprowler the guy with the grills is www.customgrills.com the one i found at a back to the 50s in MN. (best car show I have ever went to) I try to go ever other  year