News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Paint mask

Started by Ford Blue blood, 2013-04-09 16:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford Blue blood

There was some discussion here a few post ago about mask for painting with the urethane paints (epoxies too).  There is an outfit that sells a great mask, $15 from my guy, it is a disposable mask, good for about a year if you seal it up after use.  The paint manufacturer recommends discarding after one use but they also recommend a fresh air system and a poopy suit.  My paint guy says and has several pros using them for a week at a time with no ill effects.

My thoughts on this are given we hobbiest might paint one car every two to three years a new mask and long sleeved shirts and eye protection will do the job.  I'm 66, been painting with this setup since I started using the urethane systems in 93 and have no ill effects.  At 15 a pop a new mask for a new project seams like the way to go!

This is just for info and should not be considered the gospel!  The mask is a SAS Safety Corp part # 8661-92 for the medium.  I like the fit, like the sealing and like the fact the thing cost less then the replacement filters for my hi end 3M mask!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Zapato

$16.53 from Amazon

$12.02 from Tool Outfitters

lots more prices found with a quick google search

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

RICH MUISE

good info...I'll have to make notes on it. Thanks Bill for posting
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

Quote from: Ford Blue blood on 2013-04-09 16:57
This is just for info and should not be considered the gospel!  The mask is a SAS Safety Corp part # 8661-92 for the medium.  I like the fit, like the sealing and like the fact the thing cost less then the replacement filters for my hi end 3M mask!

Gary
     Thanks for that part number of the mask.  I'm  going to get one of those.  Hopefully this is going to be the last car that I am going to paint. 
Jay