News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Knots

Started by BWhitmore, 2013-04-21 17:51

Previous topic - Next topic

BWhitmore

Went to Knotts Berry Farm today for the all Ford Show.  Saw some great 57's .  Out of 2100 cars being shown there were about ten-twelve 57's.  Did see one beautiful a 58 2 door wagon.  All original with 33,000+ miles.  A lot of baby birds.  Great show.  Only one 57 Ranchero.

hiball3985

Damn! I missed it again this year. I took a tumble the other day and still not moving around quite normally yet. Only one Ranchero? I wish I could have taken mine even though it isn't show quality, and never will be  :003:.. Maybe next year
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

57 Ford Kustom

Hiball,
   I hope you feel better soon! Show quality? As far as I'm concerned, it only has to be GO quality!
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

hiball3985

Thanks Tim, I'm getting better everyday. Some times I forget how old I am and try to do things I shouldn't :005::. I've been able to drive it around quite a bit so at least it goes  :003:. The throw out bearing is getting noisy so hopefully in a couple of weeks I'll be able to put a new clutch in it..

Jim
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

57 Ford Kustom

Hiball,
  I'm glad you are doing fine. I have the same problem, convincing my 18 year old mind, that it is sitting inside a 48 year old body!
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

hiball3985

Quote from: 57 Ford Kustom on 2013-04-22 14:23
Hiball,
  I'm glad you are doing fine. I have the same problem, convincing my 18 year old mind, that it is sitting inside a 48 year old body!
I'd give anything to be 48 again, you are still a kid, keep that 18 year old mind going as long as you can..
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

BWhitmore

Hi Ball- does your Ranchero has the stock bumper jack installed behind the seat?  If it does, I live in Alhambra, Ca and when you are feeling OK could I come to you to look at it?  Thanks

Bill Whitmore

57AGIN

Guys:

This was the first Knott's show that Rick and I couldn't be out with our 57's.  At 5:00 a.m. we got to the show and parked our cars and then went to work on our respective show responsibilities.  Both of us are on the Ford Car Club Council that put the show on, Rick was the Treasurer for the entire event and was busy all day at the Merchandise and Opportunity Drawing booth.  I was responsible for helping set up and taking care of the Ford Drag Team from about 7:00 a.m. until well after the show was over. 

The Ford Drag Team members that were there included: Ed Terry, Butch Leal, Larry Knapp (he brought his 1965 Mustang SOHC powered AF/X car) and John Calvert (he brought two cars, his 2008 Cobra Jet and his 1968 Cobra Jet).  These guys were busy answering questions and signing autographs all day. I remember as a teenager reading about these legends and occasionally watching them at Lions or Pomona, I had a great time being with them and driving them around the show when they could get free to see the over 2100 Fords, Lincoln's and Mercury's.  My highlight for the day was sitting next to Linda Vaughn and the rest of the Drag Team eating lunch and listening to them sharing their experiences with one another.  What a blast.

I sure would have liked to have had some of our 57 club members there to share some of these wonderful experiences with.  We may be able to do this at another all Ford type show or at a future Knott's show.  I guarantee that the experience is worth it.  Larry Knapp told me he had a number of 57's that he loved to race, everything from Y-blocks to FE's and even a Cammer stuffed into a 57 that he had set back 10% and ran it as a Gasser.

Bob
57 AGIN

hiball3985

Quote from: BWhitmore on 2013-04-22 16:00
Hi Ball- does your Ranchero has the stock bumper jack installed behind the seat?  If it does, I live in Alhambra, Ca and when you are feeling OK could I come to you to look at it?  Thanks

Bill Whitmore
Hi Bill,
I just got the Ranchero at the end of last year and it has no jack or spare, sorry I can't help you with that.

Jim
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

BWhitmore

I had a chance to talk to the couple that owned the 57 Ranchero.  They were unaware of the 57 Fords Forever so I gave them the info.  His car needed the hood bumpers.  I was able to mail him four extras that I had this morning.  He lives in Huntington Beach.