News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Ford Parts

Started by jegsr, 2013-04-29 11:47

Previous topic - Next topic

jumping jack flash

To Rich, Thanks for the heads up on the quality of the headlight panels. Or should I say lack of quality.I have never bought any of the repair panels , but I have been absent from the hobby for 20 years. No longer can I go to a yard and have several 57s to pick from at scavenging for parts.I pay a lot more now for parts I would never considered back in the day.I'm finding it easier to just buy the whole car , with some buyers remorse on most purchases.Did I call this a hobby?It is an obsession, and the only cure for me is to die or get one done the way I have it pictured in my mind.Shelling out 30k is not an option either.Even at that price I haven't seen on that fills the bill the way I want it done.I have 3  57 rancheros on my acreage right now , and the best one is a real rust bucket. I need a 4th , and it needs to have not been a flood survivor.You know , it would be easier to restore a model A that is 25 years older.

RICH MUISE

There was one '57 Ranchero at the Pate swap meet. a pretty much rust free  driver with a 351. It sold for 6,000 the first hour of the meet. It was definetly a project car..needing a little body work, paint, bright work, glass, interior,etc, etc.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe