News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Ford Parts

Started by jegsr, 2013-04-29 11:47

Previous topic - Next topic

jegsr

:unitedstates:         
Hey Guys

Do you have any of these 1957 Ford parts in either NOS or excellent used, that you would sale.
If not do you know of any one??

1) Eyebrow R & L side
2) Headlamp panel NOS FORD R & L: B7A-16018-A, B7A-16019-A
3) Headlamp assembly: 2 B7A-13008-C (mainly need two excellent buckets)
4) Front seat bottom: a really nice solid one with good springs, know of a place that rebuilds them.
5) Tail lamp fender extension gasket: 2 B7A-13420-C

Thanks and contact John at gambill@1957ford.com

John
www.1957ford.com

gasman826

Good to hear from you!  Not to get your hopes up, I have none of the things on your list.  The last two eye brows, I glued on.  I had a pair of the repair panels.  I used one and the other I had for sale for a couple of years.  Recently sold on eBay for less than I think I paid for it.  NOS is the only way to go on those panels!!!!  I guy that bought mine said the same thing and wants the other side.  The guy that I got them from has more of them and may have buckets and eye brows.  They will not be cheap!  I may be able to put together a set of eyebrow backer plates.  If you need them, just say so and I'll send them.  If you don't get any hits on your list, let me know.  You know those '57 Ford parts hoarders are an odd bunch and this guy is one of them.  This guy doesn't like to be shopped.  If he has it, he tells you the price...take it or leave it but don't negotiate or you're done.

gasman826

Just to clarify (and I'm too lazy to look it up) the gaskets are for a Custom fender extention?

jegsr

YES the rear fender/quarter extension are for Custom Series Models. No one is reproducing them, don't know why, they would sale good. You trim down the Fairlane ones an they still don't fit right. Thanks for your time. If you find anything good let me know. John at 1957Ford.com

jegsr

:unitedstates:Come on guys I know these parts are out there. I have had all this parts at least a dozen times. I would end up selling them to a friend in need. I bought another 70A a few months back before my wife passed. Suppose to be rust free, now you know how that goes. This will be my last car to restore. 50 years plus playing with old cars has about run it's course. Thanks for your help, please email me about the parts you have. gambill@1957ford.com

BWhitmore

Describe what you mean by a headlight panel.  I may have a nice one.

OUTLAW

Sent email about parts..........Rick

suede57ford

There is supposably NOS headlamp bucket on ebay for around $34 plus shipping.  I've looked it over, but can't tell if it is the right one or not.

I admitt, Ive had to 3M 8115 Panel Bond on a few headlamp eybrows myself.

57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

jegsr

:unitedstates:Headlamp Panel Ford NOS, need both RH & LH

gasman826

I just called 'the guy'.  He's in California but will be back Monday.  I'll call him next week to see what he has and how much.

jegsr

:unitedstates:Thank You, please let me know

jumping jack flash

Jegsr, the headlight panels are available from just about all the vendors that sell sheet metal. I know they aren't cheap but something so visible as these ,is it worth messing with 56 year old rusty parts? I'm going to need them for my project too, and out of the 8 fenders I have here none have a good headlight panel.Thing is about the repro parts is that you need to massage them some to get them to fit.Hope you find some, but the odds are not with us on some of these rust prone parts.

RICH MUISE

Agreed that all repro sheetmetal parts need some massaging, however the headlight panels that John is looking for are far beyond "a little massaging". Even the best ones reproduced now (EMS) are almost imposible to use on a car which is being restored to factory specs and appearance. That is why he is looking for NOS (prefered). Look at the ads for these "new" reproduction panels..they will only show a front view, and that is because the side and rear views would show the obvious problems. The non-ems ones are ridiculous to the point of looking like they never received the final steps of production.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

gasman826

'The Guy' got back from California and called me this afternoon.  He has NOS headlight repair panels.  He has NOS headlight buckets.  He has NOS eye brows.  He's working on the seat but it will NOT be NOS.  He said he would call in a few days.  He needs time to dig stuff out and look up the prices.  He has a ledger with prices.

jegsr

:unitedstates:Hey Gasman, thanks a bunch. Please let me know. Send me a email at gambill@1957ford.com