News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Speedometer,odometer

Started by idennyd, 2013-05-15 18:05

Previous topic - Next topic

idennyd

I`m in need of a speedometer odometer in working condition.Mine the odometer stopped working & I need to document mileage for reimbursement. Denny 714 376 5831.It`s for my `57 Ranchero.

gasman826

Until you get it fixed, most will accept MapQuest (or other mapping software) mileages.

RICH MUISE

Just a head's-up...if you find someone that's got one find out what the best way to package it for shipping is. I just sent one to Tim (57Ford Kustom) last week. I found a 6 x6x4 (guessing) box that the speedo face fit snugly into corner to corner, leaving the needle basically floating and untouched. I filled it carefully with foam, then packed that box inside a 9x9x9 box with foam padding. Well, it was all for naught, because it arrived there with the needle shaft broken. I'm thinking I should have secured the needle and flywheel gizzmo in the back from any movement.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

BWhitmore

I sell some Mercedes speedometers on Ebay and tape the needle down with blue masking tape when shipping.  OK so far with about 10 shipped.  The MBZ speedo is smaller but it might work.