News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

292 Long Block -10,000 miles

Started by BWhitmore, 2013-05-17 19:48

Previous topic - Next topic

BWhitmore

292 long block, rebuilt about 10,000 miles ago.  Ran excellent until replaced with a 312 engine a few weeks ago.  Includes block with all internals, complete cylinder heads.  No valley cover, no intake, no front cover or water pump, no oil pan or oil pump.  Must be picked up in Southern California.  I believe the engine is a 1959-60 model. 

$450.00 or Best Offer

Call (213) 709-8904.  Pictures on request.  A FREE Ranchero frame is included with the engine.

BWhitmore

If anyone would like this excellent 292 long block I have an offer.  If you will make a contribution to the Moore, Oklahoma Relief Fund (Red Cross or Salvation Army) and pay for shipping of the engine.  I will strap the engine to a pallet. The amount of your donation is up to you.  I do have the front cover and vibration dampner.  I would also ask for a confirmation of the donation.  Thanks

sprink88

Wow, that is so incredibly awesome of you!
~Chris

Frankenstein57

Bill, that is a great offer, and a greater thing to do. Any Y-blockers out west should get together on this. If I wasn't so far away I'd be all over it. Mark

RICH MUISE

LOL...Had to bump up your Karma rating for that offer.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

BWhitmore

If anyone in So California would like this offer, I will deliver the engine to you. 

57 Ford Kustom

Bill, have you ever wanted to come to Vermont! Lol! Great offer!  Tim
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

hiball3985

Hi Bill,
If no one makes a better offer I will make an offer of $350 and I will pick it up. Living on SS my budget is tight, sorry. I would not be able to take the frame.

JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

BWhitmore

Jim - it is yours.  When would you like to pick it up?  I do have an engine hoist.  I live in Alhambra about 2 miles off the 10 freeway.  Call me at either (626) 282-4857 or (213) 709-8904 for directions.  I will be out this afternoon but any other time is OK.  I don't mind bringing the engine to you if you have a way to unload it. My engine hoist is not the type that travels.  Thanks

hiball3985

Bill,
I will get it out of your way as soon as possible. Saturday would be good for me so my son can help me. During the week I care for my 92 year old parents and thing change almost hourly. I have a hoist that doesn't travel also. Thank you for the offer to deliver but I'll save you the time and expense and I would also like to look at a few things on your Ranchero for reference. I will will call you soon.

Jim
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

BWhitmore

Ok,  I will be here all day Saturday.  There is no rush, whenever is fine.  Whenever I move an engine I sit it on an old tire.  I have a tire that is suited for the job. 

hiball3985

That's a good idea, I never thought of a tire and I just cleaned out all my old ones not long ago.. I will contact my son a little later this morning and see if he is available Sat. If not I'll come by myself. 
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

gasman826

Frame, engine, tire...maybe you could just start putting it together.

hiball3985

Quote from: gasman826 on 2013-05-23 15:40
Frame, engine, tire...maybe you could just start putting it together.
Shouldn't take more then a few weekends  :003:. I actually have no use for it at the present time, I'll probably not use it in my life time, but my son might..
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

BWhitmore

Jim  & James - it was nice  to meet both of you this morning.  A donation has been made to the Red Cross Moore Oklahoma Relief Fund.  Thanks