News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Won't start

Started by 57 Ford Kustom, 2013-05-18 10:23

Previous topic - Next topic

57 Ford Kustom

Guys, trying for a secOnd time to get my car on the road, but with  no luck! The engine will not crank, I tested and the power is at the starting soneloid in the crank position. No power to the starter terminal! I changed the starting soneloid, but still nothing, no power to the other starter terminal. Should I get a voltage reAding? Help if you can!  Tim
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

Ford Blue blood

Use a screw driver and jump the battery terminal to the start ( S ) terminal on the solinoid, if it cranks try swaping the two small wires.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

57 Ford Kustom

fBb, I have power from the ignition , I ended up taking the power from the starter and hitting the battery side of the solenoid to start it. How can I test the solenoid? One was new, the other was an old One that I had on it, but that one was working
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

BWhitmore

Try swapping the two small wires.  I had the same issue and swapping the wires took care of the problem.  If that does not, recheck all connections.    I am assuming that the starter motor itself is proven to work OK.  Bill gave me the same advice a few months back and he was right.