News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

sprink88's car ?

Started by Ecode70D, 2013-05-20 20:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecode70D

sprink 88
  Did I see pictures your 57 Ford on the fordbarn?  That's a sweet looking car.  Looks like it had a 57fordsforever sticker in the back side window.   If so, Is it a 4 door hardtop or a 4 dr sedan?
I'm just wondering my brother in Az. is building a 4 door hardtop.  Jay

sprink88

Yes you did!   It is a 4dr sedan (post).  Is your brother doing a hardtop or sedan?
~Chris

Ecode70D

Sprink
     My brother is doing a four door hardtop.
     When he found it , it had no engine/transmission.  He installed a 302 with automatic. He has had it for awhile and does not seem to get much done on it.  The  problem is that he has some health issues so that is slowing down his progress even more.
Jay
PS  Where did you get the 57 Fords forever decal ?   My 57 needs one of them.

sprink88

JPotter has the Decals. He can send you his address. I think they are a $1 a piece. I took 5.

Sorry about your brothers health. That is always a bad deal when your health interrupts your car! haha. But I hope he gets better soon.

I would have liked ANY 57 Ford at the time I bought mine. Like everyone, a 2dr hardtop is ideal, but a post or a 4dr hardtop is my second choice. My 4dr sedan was the least favorite, but it was still love at first sight. I would only sell it for another 57 Ford. My big plan is 3" drop spindles and lowering the rear also. Maybe lake pipes. I have to see how they are. My buds are trying to talk me out of lacing the top, I am still on the fence with it.Just a nice low and slow cruiser. My one friend who is trying the most to not lace it, wants me to put flame throwers on. We will see. At least my body is in real good shape.
~Chris

Ecode70D

Sprink

I'll contact James for some decals.

Your car is the nice one because it looks like a hardtop.  That's why I asked.

Lowering it all around would look Kool. 

"My buds are trying to talk me out of lacing the top",  In my opinion they are right.  Give that some thought.

"My one friend who is trying the most to not lace it, wants me to put flame throwers on."  I have had more than one friend blow his engine while racing it to do flames with no load on it.  Maybe someone has come up with another system where you don't have to race the engine.  Good Y blocks are not that easy to find and they are expensive. 

I wish that mine had a better body when I started it. My major body work is all done and block sanding never ends.    Jay

57 Ford Kustom

Sprink, mine is so low a floor jack won't fit under it. I have to first jack it up with my small jack to slide a floor jack under it. Looks cool, but a pain in a &$@ to work on! Lol! Tim
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

Zapato

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2013-05-22 19:56

"My buds are trying to talk me out of lacing the top",  In my opinion they are right.  Give that some thought.

Jay

Jay, obviously you see your car with a laced top. so why are you letting your so called ''buds'' talk you out of it ?

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

sprink88

Zap. That was me thinking about lacing the top. Jay (Ecode) agrees with my friends.

Tim, I know it is a PITA. Also removing a shock and jacking up the opposite side axle to change a tire, but it looks so damn good. What all did you use to lower it?

Jay, they make really cool propane flamethrowers now, that are a blue flame
~Chris

sprink88

Jay, here is my car the day I bought it. I just was looking through these. It has come a long way, but still needs to go more.

~Chris

sprink88

couple more
~Chris

sprink88

last two. at $1500 I couldnt pass on it
~Chris

RICH MUISE

I really like the look of those 4dr sedans that look like hardtops. Body looks real straight...and great in black. Was it as solid as it looks in the pics?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

From what I see in the pictures, it looks good and solid.  That's super.  Thanks for the pictures.

I have to agree with Rich.  Those models that look like hardtops do look nice.

Do those propane flame throwers throw  the flame way out away from the car?  I suppose that's a lot better than the old way of racing the engine.

57 Ford Kustom

Sprink, I have 1" lowering blocks in the rear, and the front is riding with Granada spindles, and 1 and a half of the front coils were cut. You are right it's a lot cooler than it is a pain in the $&@!   Tim
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

sprink88

Ecode. no, propane doesnt shoot far. I am still not 100% like your friends motor was.

Tim, wow, 1" in the back. Whew glad I asked. I was thinking 3" blocks, And I thought granada spindles is 2" drop and that coil is good for another 1" right? Do you have any rake, or is it a flat lowering?
~Chris