News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

craigslist portland /with link added

Started by Zapato, 2013-06-04 11:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapato

who was looking for wagon parts ? 57 and 58 ford and a 59 Edsel wagon now on portland craigslist, sorry no link right now.

Zap

http:/portland.craigslist.org/yam/pts/3839984991/html

hope that link works.
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

sprink88

that is gone, but did you see the retractable for 7500? Man, wish I has the liquid cash right now. But like a few guys here, the IRS sent me a nasty gram too. lol
~Chris

Zapato

well he emailed me back this morning and he still has them.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

sprink88

ahh, I see it now. I just went to cars and trucks for sale.

Here is the Edsels....

http://portland.craigslist.org/yam/pts/3839984991.html

I cant believe he said he is gonna scrap them soon. That is just wrong!
~Chris

rmk57

The Edsel wagon looks pretty complete. What a waste.........
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Zapato

price of scrap metal being what it is drives a lot of these. they were all probably complete when he started parting these out. will likely drive down tomorrow and buy a couple of things.

Zapato

rmk57

I'd be pulling that roof rack off the wagon for sure. Those are getting harder to find and fetch a good buck these days to.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Zapato

Quote from: rmk57 on 2013-06-06 08:40
I'd be pulling that roof rack off the wagon for sure. Those are getting harder to find and fetch a good buck these days to.

So what kind of money? a note or two? hate to buy something and get stuck with it.

/
Zapato

rmk57

Price: $1,250.00
Number available: 1
Quantity:

This roof rack is made by Style Craft and was used by Ford and installed at the dealer. This one needs the potmetal ends re-plated, all the stainless bars and rails are dent free and would just need polishing.

These roof racks are extremely hard to find and I have seen them sell for a lot.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Zapato

well that's interesting, now lets hope he just thinks its junk. Where was that ad listed rmk57 ?

Zapato

rmk57

Ford Restoration and Parts | Specializing in '54 to '59 Cars and Trucks
www.fordrestorationandparts.com/
Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, cars, trucks, parts, 1940, 1941, 1942, 1943, 1944, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1958  ...

Randy
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Zapato

Wow! mighty proud of their parts, $125- for radios that need to be checked and/or rebuild. just one example. too rich for my blood.

Zapato

Zapato

went and checked it out today, bought a couple of things.  The edsel wagon is a typical northwest parked behind a barn total rust bucket. Really nothing more than a parts car. The 57 wagon came from California pretty much a shell  was bought for the roof rack which will someday end up on his wifes' 2 dr wagon.  The 58 wagon is being traded for parts he needs to build an Edsel gasser. He parts out 57-9 fords and Edsels on a regular basis might be worthwhile to keep his number if one needs parts. he told me he's left seat belt brackets in cars. Doesn't have the room to store stuff so at some point whatever doesn't sell becomes scrap.

I did buy a wagon backseat from him, in great shape ($75-).  Even though my car is a business coupe will need safe seating for the grand kids.  Having the seats fold forward and down will still maintain the bc illusion. Now will have to figure out where to cut the seat as my floor is up 3 inches (channeled) and then cut the seat mounting bracket so there wont be any gap once folded.  Need to find a pair of the latches that hold the back seat in place, the ones on the rear tire well hump. If anyone has an unneeded pair please let me know.

He does have a rust free 59 Ranchero for sale ($2500-) 352/auto. All trim etc.... looks real solid. Not my cup of tea so just gave it a quick look over.
Zapato

Tom S

Quote from: Zapato on 2013-06-07 20:06The 57 wagon came from California pretty much a shell  was bought for the roof rack ...
What about the '59 Edsel roof rack?  You didn't get it?

Zapato

nope, was bought for his wifes' 2 dr wagon, not available. he's sold a few for $800-.

Zapato