News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

member inquiry

Started by hiball3985, 2013-09-22 20:06

Previous topic - Next topic

hiball3985

Has anyone heard from ECode Jay, strange no posts by him in the last week. Hope all is well..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Hopefully just being quiet.....he was on the forum last night about 5:30 forum time..just didn't post. If you click on a member name and go to their profile, it'll show date and time last 'active'. The member I'd like to hear from is Rich Koburski(sp?)...I just got thru looking at some of the flood pictures from Colorado. I think Rich lives in an area maybe hit pretty hard by the flooding. I believe our other Colorado members are further south than the hardest hit areas (areas north of Denver). Hope everthing is ok with all the Colorado members there and their belongings.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

Jim..
    Thanks for checking up on me.  I'm OK,  Just tired.
    Sorry about not writing anything but I have been looking/lurking just  to see what's happening.   My finger tips are worn out and my right arm/shoulder feels like it wants to fall off.
    The truth is that I have been thrashing day and night on my car so that I can get some paint on it.       
Every time that I think it's ready for paint, I find some  time consuming problem that just seems to appear from nowhere..  I really really do hate block sanding.  At the moment it looks like it just needs a final scuffing and taping. I HOPE!!!  I jammed it already.  If everything goes well,  it should  be painted very soon.
     I just had to get away from sanding today, so I spent some pleasant time taking off the steering wheel and installing the correct custom one, and doing some tweaking here and there. It was a nice day doing nut and bolt work with wrenches and not doing  stinking block sanding.   

hiball3985

Good to hear from you Jay and all is well, except the damn sanding  :003:. I'd rather turn wrenches too..

Jim
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ecode70D

Jim
    I just sent you a PM.  Hope you get it because my PMs don't always go through.
Jay

Jeff Norwell

Jay.. thinking about you.. meant to call and chat.... just piled under work at the moment.......
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Ecode70D

Jim
       It was good chatting with you on the phone this evening and talking about old cars.

Jeff
     Good to hear from you and I'm glad to hear that you are busy. We have been out of touch.
            Have you done any more work on your custom? 
            Did you ever pick up that spare front end?   
     Tomorrow  Wednesday I'll be taking my 57 to another shop that is better set up than my place and the lighting is a whole lot better.  The car will be painted on Thursday if everything goes smoothly.
      I'm looking forward to putting the bumpers and trim back on it and finishing it up. 

hiball3985

Thanks for calling Jay, good chatting with you. I'll PM you my Email address.

Jim
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Jay...sounds like your getting close. I'm anxious to see it shiney! Good luck with the painting. Are you spraying it, or having someone else do it?

Ecode70D

Rich
     I have to have a friend of mine spray it for me because my right arm at the shoulder is in severe pain.  I can't hold the spray gun straight out above my head  for more than a few minutes.   Hope that it is not something serious.  It might be  "TOO MUCH BLOCK SANDING SYNDROME" .   
     Is there any such sickness, or did I just make it up?
Jay

Ecode70D

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2013-09-23 07:34
Hopefully just being quiet.....he was on the forum last night about 5:30 forum time..just didn't post. If you click on a member name and go to their profile, it'll show date and time last 'active'. The member I'd like to hear from is Rich Koburski(sp?)...I just got thru looking at some of the flood pictures from Colorado. I think Rich lives in an area maybe hit pretty hard by the flooding. I believe our other Colorado members are further south than the hardest hit areas (areas north of Denver). Hope everthing is ok with all the Colorado members there and their belongings.

Rich
     Have you been able to make contact with Rich Koburski (sp) in Colorado?  A lot of people out there are in bad shape.  Sometimes when I think that I'm having a bad day , I have to stop and reflect on how others are  a lot worse than I am.
Jay

RICH MUISE

Jay, seems like alot of car guys have that syndrom..must be catchy. Seems like I spent hundreds of hours blocksanding..hard to figure out how some guys get good paint jobs done in a few weeks.
If that shoulder pain is a sharp pain right in the joint, it could be Bursitis (sp?). my mom had it all her life. When it started acting up she'd go see her chiropractor and would be set for a year. I had it once when I lived in California. Got to the point I couldn't use one arm..not good for a machinist. I went to a chiropractor for the first time in my life. He had the pain totally gone after a week and a few visits.
I'll send Rich K. a pm. He had been on the forumn a day or two before I posted that remark, just didn't post.