News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

The worms

Started by Ford Blue blood, 2013-09-22 21:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford Blue blood

After much thought I decided to do this post so no one else will get burned.  First a copy of a portion of his add here....

Rust free body- the pics will tell the story

Patch Panels to repair minor floor rust- again if this is "minor" rust....

Original seats- Front seat recovered ( I've ordered Black tuck and roll for it - will be installed soon)- look at the original seat in his build thread, didn't even add padding to the missing parts, just a gunney sack, seat was no mounted, bolts were all broken off even with the floor

New chrome reverse wheels and Radial tires

390 with auto- really a 360

Rare Wieand 4 bbl intake

New 4 bbl carb

New Master cylinder installed- nope, rebuilt

Rare 1958 Nomad deck ribs

NEW WHEEL CYLINDERS - stops on a dime- the only dime this car would stop on is the one it got dropped on, no emergency brake, left front locked up upon application of pedal, all four corners required rebuild, he even put new rubber caps on the old crud filled rear cylinders, the only good thing about the brakes is the drums all turned true

Wiring done- all legal wiring working- alternator was wired to the generator regulator, the brushes were so worn one had come out of it's holder, no balast resistor in the igniton circuit, no head lights, no dash lights, no shift indicator and no neutral safety switch

New Carpets and partial interior

Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Ford Blue blood

I expected some of the above but after seeing the seat I decided the entire car needed to be gone through, front to back and top to bottom.  It was a good running and driving car after the mechanical stuff was taken care of and I went to the Good Guys in Nashville without a tool box.  But I just have/had too many projects to take it apart and do it right.  So it went out the door.

These are the "rust free" parts of the car.  Don't have a picture of the left rocker but it is gone under the sill plate.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

Ford Blue blood

The "small" rust hole patches scabbed in the floor pans.  The purpose of this post is to inform, not spit out sour grapes, I've already eaten them and passed them, just don't want this car to burn anyone here.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

Ford Blue blood

And at last, how it looked when sold after being in the new owners shop for two weeks.....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

RICH MUISE

Wow..don't even know where to begin. I think I saw just one of those pics previously. Thanks for posting those....I was actually feeling a little guilty mentioning it when I did....not any more.
The rust pics speak for themselves...it's just hard to believe there was so much of a night and day difference between the underside and the outer body that we could see in his build thread.
I'm trying to figure out some of the pics around the transmision/crossmember. Pic #9...what's all that stuff between the tranny pan and the crossmember..some kind of hanger for the exhaust? pic #12...am I looking at a torch cut hole thru the tranny mount pad for the mounting bolt?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2013-09-23 07:17
Pic #9...what's all that stuff between the tranny pan and the crossmember..some kind of hanger for the exhaust? pic #12...am I looking at a torch cut hole thru the tranny mount pad for the mounting bolt?

#9 That is the vacumn line for the modulator.

#12 Yup, that would be the transmission mount bolt.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

Limey57

Incredible.........  I feel a new post coming on.

Gary

1957 Ranchero

Jeff Norwell

.......Good Lord.........
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com