News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

It's painted

Started by Ecode70D, 2013-09-27 20:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecode70D

Third try....
   My modern car finally has some paint on it after 14 plus years.  Hope to get the trim and bumpers on it soon.

Mark

Looking great                                                                                                                                                              !!

JimNolan

Nice. The two prettiest colors there are is black and white. But, either color suffers the most from not being clean. Good job.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

hiball3985

Excellent Jay, now let that arm rest  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ford Blue blood

All that block sanding is worth it....really nice!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Your time on the prep shows! great job. It's got a nice clean look to it. Good choice on the shade of white. Now get it home before it starts snowing.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2013-09-27 23:30
Your time on the prep shows! great job. It's got a nice clean look to it. Good choice on the shade of white. Now get it home before it starts snowing.

Rich
     It's home and arrived just as the sun was setting over the pond across the street.  He called and said that he would be arriving in about 10 minutes so I was waiting with my camera.
     I see that you still remember well what they always say about weather in New England.  "Stick around and it will change".   So far it's still pretty good.
     Gonna start putting some of the small stuff on tomorrow because the sore feeling in my finger tips is fading,  having not touched sandpaper for the last three days.  The shoulder is feeling better also.  The front valance panel still has to be painted that silver grey color before installing the front bumper.   I'm not going to put the bumpers on without help, and without wrapping them. 
      It's been a verrrrry  looooong road to this point.  Those guys that build cars on "TV". in 5 days to a week must be taking a lot of shortcuts even if they work around the clock.  They could be speaking with a forked tongue also and taking more time than they admit.  They sure are good at applying the paint though.   I'm very pleased to see it  painted and shiny.  Thanks for the support guys .     

Jeff Norwell

Killer Job Jay!..... Love it!!!!!!!
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

6cyl57

looking real good !!  I like that shade of white. Is that a factory color for 1957.
Mine was two tone , someone painted all white a long time ago. But i don't think
its the right shade .
When I do mine it will be all white again.

JPotter57

I love that car Jay...awesome.  One of my favorite looks on those old cars is white with white wheels and standard dog dish caps.  Dunc's old 57 had that look...loved it..check it out.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

jumping jack flash

Very nice. One of the hardest decisions is what color , or colors will I paint my car? Arctic white , with tinted glass has crossed my mind. White with a combination of several different colors come up too.I have a lot of time to think about it, since I don't even have primer gray on it yet. Everything you do to it from now on will be a huge step in looking better. The trim,bumpers,wheel covers, etc are extra candy for our eyes.....I have had several cars, (all 57's) that were 2 tone. Many were all white at one point( revealed by sanding) and the color added next. This was done at the factory ,says the data plate.

wildhog

Looks great Jay, I love the picture with the sun set!
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

Ecode70D

Quote from: JPotter57 on 2013-09-28 12:50
I love that car Jay...awesome.  One of my favorite looks on those old cars is white with white wheels and standard dog dish caps.  Dunc's old 57 had that look...loved it..check it out.

James
     Those are just "roller wheels" for the purpose of moving it around.  When it is all done, it will have 14' white wheels with dog dish hubcaps.  I'd love to have the look of like Dunc's old 57 in your pictures.  The problem is that I'm missing one of the original wheels.  I need one original 14' wheel without the slots in it and have plenty of the ones with the slots.
      I had a nice enjoyable day today attaching the shiny stuff and no stinking sanding.  Isn't it amazing how one can have so much fun doing the finish touches after all those years.
Jay

Ecode70D

Quote from: wildhog on 2013-09-28 17:18
Looks great Jay, I love the picture with the sun set!

Thanks Tom
    The delivery happened at just the right moment when the sun was going down.
    Jeff liked that picture with the sun also and is giving some thought to using it in an illustration.

RICH MUISE

Could ya have 'em pick it back up and redeliver it right when the leaves are turning?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe