News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

It's painted

Started by Ecode70D, 2013-09-27 20:36

Previous topic - Next topic

wildhog

Jay, I have a solid wheel, off a 57 Bird, I can't use it because of the disk brakes. Too bad we are so far away. Tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

57 Ford Kustom

Jay, the car looks great! Looks like my Dad's first car! Tim  :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

Ecode70D

Rich
    Winter is going to be here soon enough.   That reminds me the new heater core in the 57 is still blocked off and there's just a temporary bypass hose on the engine.  If I should get tempted to make a late night test run this winter, a hooked up working heater would help. 
     It would also help if it  was registered. 

Jeff Norwell

[quote

[/quote]

C'mon Jay.... be a rebel!
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Ecode70D

Quote from: Jeff Norwell on 2013-10-01 15:56
[quote

C'mon Jay.... be a rebel!

Jeff
     I do happen to have an old black and white 1957 YOM attached to it at the moment just for looks..
      DON'T TEMPT ME !!!!

Jeff Norwell

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2013-10-01 21:24
Jeff
     I do happen to have an old black and white 1957 YOM attached to it at the moment just for looks..
      DON'T TEMPT ME !!!!

Speaking of which Jay... Are you guys allowed to run YOM in Mass?..... I have a matching set here for my 57 in ONTerrible.

Ecode70D

Jeff
   Yes we are allowed to use them If they are in like new original condition and not restored.  The RMV has to inspect them before they are assigned to the vehicle.   After that the plates become the property of the RMV.  If we decide to take the vehicle off the road, we have to turn them back in to the RMV. 
    I was real angry with Rich this morning for about 3-4 minutes when I went out to feed the birds  and saw some leaves all on my front lawn. There  must have been about 20 of them.  All that talk about leaves...  Hope no one was listening when he mentioned  snow. I got over it real fast when I went out in my T shirt and started  putting shiny stuff on my car.
    Tom Wild Hog I sent you a PM.
Jay

57 Ford Kustom

Jay, a few leaves?! Come up to Vermont! Tim :unitedstates:

Jeff Norwell

Ecode70D

Quote from: 57 Ford Kustom on 2013-09-28 18:26
Jay, the car looks great! Looks like my Dad's first car! Tim  :unitedstates:

Tim
     Is that your dad's first car in your avatar?  Do you have any pictures of it?   If so would you post some.
     Thanks for the comment on my car.  It's been a long time trying to get it back somewhat into shape.
     FWIW  You can keep all of your leaves up there where they belong.  Jay

57redwhitered

Quote from: 57 Ford Kustom on 2013-10-02 15:22
Jay, a few leaves?! Come up to Vermont! Tim :unitedstates:

I'm from western Kansas.  What is a leaf and where do they come from?
1957 Skyliner

RICH MUISE

Hey, redwhitered, in N. Texas if you have 6 trees within sight of each other, they call it a state forest.
Jay One of my fond memories of growing up in New England was the smell of burning leaves in the fall. Everybody use to just rake them into piles in the street and burn them....was a great smell. Of course, that was back in the dark ages before you needed a permit to fart.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57 Ford Kustom

Jay, that is my Dad's first car. That pic is from 61'. The computer it was on crashed, so I'll have to scan it agian, to another computer. Tim :unitedstates:

Ecode70D

Tim
     So when your father had that nice white 57 custom in 1961, it would have been like a brand new car!!!
     I can remember around that time when they were all over the place and in good condition.  Seems like everyone had a 50s Ford in their back yard.  In those days I  can distinctly remember thinking "The're everywhere and will always be there".  For the record I did buy my share of them back then, but could never find a custom.  It's a matter of being in the right  place at the right time.  Too bad it took me about 40 years to find the one I have now.
      Well something happened and they ain't there anymore.
       J >>>>----------->

Ecode70D

Quote from: 57redwhitered on 2013-10-02 21:23

I'm from western Kansas.  What is a leaf and where do they come from?

Those are the things that Rich sent me from Texas  and they just appeared in my front yard. There were more there this morning.   I'm sure that he can get you some.   
     Tim in Vt. has a lot of them to spare also. 

PS  I notice that Rich has so many of them that he even burns them.