News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

LOOK LOOK LOOK

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-10-05 07:52

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

This guys work is some of the best ever....but should he be in the "did he really build that?" category(...ala Barris)well, yes and no. You really have to see the stuff this guy has done to believe it. First saw some of his work 3 or 4 years ago, then lost track of him
http://blog.flickr.net/en/2013/10/04/crafting-scenes-of-iconic-americana/
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Thanks for posting this Rich, I've looked at it many times in the past, he does outstanding photography that is so realistic. These scenes from the past really lights a fire in me and was very instrumental in mt motivation to try to do similar things. Mine are all done with virtual 3D models, not as good as his photos but it's my other hobby that brings hours of enjoyment.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

BWhitmore

Jim - this is amazing.  What a talent you have.  As far as the photographs from Michael Paul Smith these are fantastic.  Jim & Rich - thanks for sharing.  By the way I did not realize who Jeff Norwell was until I picked up the latest copy of Street Rodder magazine the other day and saw his drawing of the Mercury.  Another very talented artist.

hiball3985

Thank you Bill, I don't build the actual models, most are done by friends .My attempts didn't get the results I was looking for, I just create the scenes using them. This is just one intersection, the actual scenes are about 20 miles long on this particular one.

Maybe Jeff can post a picture of the drawing, I would like to see that..

Bill, I don't know if you are from LA originally or lived here back when we had real transportation
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Jim..very impressive. Stuff like you and M P Smith do have always been on my want to do list...my bucket for the lists has been leaking for a long time I'm starting to realize. Got to be tons of fun. I know what you mean about not being able to build models for the results you want. I sure couldn't, and I'm totally amazed at the actual models Smith uses...they just don't look like models. I don't think I've ever seen that quality anywhere.
Love your train trolley scene.
Yes, from someone who spent 28 years in the art business, Jeff is a very talented artist. We're very lucky he's picked up an interest in '57's and joined our forum. Don't tell him though, we don't want his head to get too fat.
Back to the model building...The art business was my second career, back in Socal when I was a machinist/tool and die maker, there was a company in Irvine that made scale models of oil refineries from the engineering blueprints for the actual proposed refineries. The models were used to troubleshoot any potential problems with those complicated piping structures. I wanted a job in their shop so bad, but they just never were hiring...guys that worked there just never quit. LOL...ended up getting "stuck" working on Space Shuttle stuff for 8 years in that time frame.

hiball3985

Thanks Rich. I'm not an artistic person by any means, I'm more hands on mechanical, I'd rather machine, weld etc. My younger days were spent building model cars and model railroads. This computer world came late to me, I'm always ten years behind on anything new  :003:. I'm self taught with a history of disasters  :005: I'm lucky to get an Email right. But I'm glad to see anyone enjoying what I've done and it's endless so I'll stop at this point :006:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Zapato

Incredible stuff! Glad you shared this Rich. If you guys want to see more of Jeff Norwell's work start visiting the Friday Art Show on the HAMB Board, lots of artists working in all kinds of media. And pretty much all car related.

Zap-
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

RICH MUISE

Jim..You don't give yourself enough credit. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's enjoying your nostalgic renderings....so keep posting, please.

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2013-10-05 17:58
Jim..You don't give yourself enough credit. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's enjoying your nostalgic renderings....so keep posting, please.
Thanks Rich, I have so many but most aren't automotive related. A friend of mine did my 60 panel truck into a 3D model, it came out pretty good but automotive isn't his specialty, and maybe this winter we will try to do the ranchero. I just returned from a small trip we took today, I have almost 800 miles logged now.

JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ecode70D

Rich and Jim .
    I really admire you guys that are artists.  That's something I can't do. When I want to make a part, I just have to do it, but I can't make a  picture of it before  or after I make it..  Sometimes I can make a crude diagram though.
    And we won't tell Jeff that he is talented.  We really don't want hem to get a big head.

BAMA_57

Thanks Rich for posting. I found this guy last Friday and have been blown away by his talent.
'57 Fairlane 500
'69 Boss 302 Mustang
'70 Boss 302 Mustang
'77 F-100 Explorer

Jeff Norwell

Great stuff!!!!!!!!!!
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Zapato

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2013-10-05 09:34
I wanted a job in their shop so bad, but they just never were hiring...guys that worked there just never

Same story at the Boeing model shop those guys never quit. And f the stories on the floor were true they were almost all related to each other.

Wasted more than a few hours with model trains and at times you find the same find of attention to detail in their layouts. Its really a pleasure when you run into guys that build at these levels.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72