News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

And all that bolt on stuff might have been exactly what he did. Only way to know for sure would have been the vin plate. Bolting on stuff sure would have been a whole lot easier than transforming a wagon, but the owner would sure like to have you believe it IS an Edsel.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2015-04-13 07:57
, but the owner would sure like to have you believe it IS an Edsel.

Rich
     I go along with what you just stated.   He would like to have you believe it is an Edsel.
Jay 

rmk57

To make the conversion totally accurate you would need the Roundup side moldings. Good luck finding those as they made less than 1000 Edsel 2 door wagons.

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Ecode70D

rmk57
   Now you have aroused  my curiosity, what does the roundup side moldings look like?  Jay 

Zapato

And for any of you guys that would like to attempt a Ford/Edsel marriage there's a guy in my area that parts out Edsels  on a regular basis ( Craig )
503-883-1147.

Not sure if the wagon moldings are really necessary Ranchero side molding I believe different from the 2 dr wagon molding. May be wrong on that please correct me if so.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

RICH MUISE

Just happens he had one parked right beside the "Ranchero"

djfordmanjack

thanx for posting the inca gold wagon pics, Rich. it looks gorgeous. maybe I am pessimistic. but if the owner decided to artificially age the roof, I most probably know what he is trying to hide... had to put filler on the r..... drip rails....damn.... :(
The Edsels look hot !

rmk57

Man, I'd  love to have an Edesl Roundup.I had a 58 Villager for a while and was wanting a Roundup but they just never come up for sale.
Last one I saw for sale was on craigslist Las Vegas last year sometime, the guy was asking 8k and it was pretty rusty and rough looking.

I always thought the Ranchero and Ranch wagon shared the same side trim.

Randy
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

hotroddonnie

Looks like a great show!

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: rmk57 on 2015-04-13 17:21

I always thought the Ranchero and Ranch wagon shared the same side trim.

Randy

They do....depending on model....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

It was a good show with great weather. Cars were still coming in steadily when I left about 3. Would have stayed longer, but 6 hours gets me to the point I get so tired I don't enjoy it anymore. Not a one 4.6 dohc to be seen, which I was really hoping to find so I could posibly listen to whatever exhaust system they had.
One really cool thing I had never seen at a show before. When I arrived there was a large group of 100 or so gathered inside the gate. It turned out to be several bus loads of kids from a OC automotive tech school. It was really neat to watch those kids get so excited over the cars they were pouring over. Their eyes were really lighting up. Kudos to the school for doing that. Ha...I think the local Toyota, Ford, etc. dealerships lost some potential graduate hires that day.

jvo

I'd like to put in a big thank you out loud for Clayton Bauer.  My good friend Allan was at the Portland Swap Meet, and came upon his booth.  He called me to say there was a bunch of 57 Ford parts for sale, and asked if I needed anything.  Well, I didn't really need anything that I could think of, but then he sent me a photo of a row of a dozen or more front fenders in really nice shape.  I told Allan to ask how much for a right front fender.  He came back and said the asking price was ten bucks.  Couldn't believe it.  I just got it home here today, and a big big thank you Clayton.  Now I don't have to make my right front fender out of three pieces, just put the one patch in that they all need in the lower back end of the fender.  Saves me a lot of work.
If I could roll back the years, back when I was young and limber, loose as ashes in the wind, had no irons in the fire.... wish I'd done things different, but wishin' don't make it so. ( Ian Tyson)

VwDrvFnd

I wouldn't put a bet on that Edselero starting life as an Edsel! My Buddy's dad ran an Edsel museum out of Muskogee, OK back in the day. They had Edsel everything Ambulances, herses all kinds of conversions that started life as Fords but were so well done you could not tell it wasn't factory.
I have a rust hole in my passanger side inner fender well, It's 58 years old what do you expect?

LAUDY57

"That Guy" keeps stealing everything I put down!

Zapato

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2015-04-13 07:57
And all that bolt on stuff might have been exactly what he did. Only way to know for sure would have been the vin plate. Bolting on stuff sure would have been a whole lot easier than transforming a wagon, but the owner would sure like to have you believe it IS an Edsel.

Rich, did you happen to notice if the cars dashboard was switched to the Edsel piece or left with the Ford dash? That touch would add to the ''fool you'' factor. Always loved the '58 horse collar Edsel grille but the front bumpers IMHO are a bit heavy and would look better with a couple inch section taken out of the middle.
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72