News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

I'm sure glad our car hobby gives at least  some diversion from real life.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

alvin stadel

Rich, you are so right. Im in my shop every day, turn on 60's on 6 radio, no NEWS just music and get lost in the past. I'm so sick of what is going on around us today it gives me a chance to escape even if it is just for a little while.

CobraJoe

Yeah, as much as I  hate to say it, working on my buddies '57 $hevy, on weekends has made this $hit there cramming down our throats a lot easier to swallow.
Three or four like minded people, working on a hot rod, drinking beer, eating pizza, no masks, no social distancing...   :004:
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

mustang6984

I refuse to play the game. Don't wear the mask, come and go as I please, purposely go down aisles the wrong way. This malarkey belongs in a place the sun don't shine.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2020-06-01 15:06
...Other that mine, yours is also one of the few that I've seen that has eliminated the seams on the outside surfaces of the splash panel. I always wondered why more guys didn't clean them up.

Funny you should say that...once they ground down the area to repair it, the original seam was there, filled with Tiger hair. Don't hate me Rich, but i had them put it back....

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

RICH MUISE

I just found out the Colorado NSRA show for this month is being rescheduled..........grrrrr!!!
That was some short lived joy.

fdlrc

Darn it Rich, I'd have loved to have met up with you there. Is there a date set?
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco

RICH MUISE

Not yet, I'll check on it occasionally. Any word on the Thin Air Nationals in Green Mountain Falls? or other Co. shows?

Ford Blue blood

The NSRA and Goodguys are between a rock and a hard place.  Don't follow GGs as much as NSRA but they are running out of room for re-scheduling the shows.  Nats East (York, PA) is cnxed for this year, four more are scheduled for Oct.  Won't be long and those shows will bunched up like pees in a pod and those attending will be in snow shoes and parkas.  Do hot rods get snow tires and chains?

I like many others do not wear a mask.  As long as I do not get exposed to the crap no mask, the mask is no good in preventing, it has been said it is like trying to trap gnats with chicken wire.  My routine is mostly unchanged from before.  The joys of being retired?  Shop, Rush, a local talk guy and 50s, 60s, and Willey.  Work is slow as my wife needs attention and doing the chores and crap to keep the house running fills up my days pretty well.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

fdlrc

Rich, I'll check on those and let you know.

RICH MUISE

Les, thanks, and yes, please let me know if any shows are still going to happen. The Green Mtn. Falls show if I remember correctly was usually in late July.
Bill, sorry to hear your wife is having problems. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Guess that explains why we haven't had any updates on the Ranchero.

fdlrc

Rich, I talked to a guy that coordinates the local 1st Saturday car show/get together here in town. He heard that the Green Mountain Falls car show is no more. He hasn't heard anything about the Woodland Park event.

He has also sponsored a show in Old Colorado City that has really became a pretty big event. He still doesn't know if that will happen.

RICH MUISE

Bummer about the Green Mtn. Falls show maybe being no more. It was one of my favorites. Are they doing the first Saturday cruise ins? If so, where and what times? I just got back from ours. We had maybe 80ish cars. Shortly I'll be going down to the old rt 66 historic district for our weekly get together.
Thanks for the info Les. Lots of guys around here looking for shows to do. Next one I can find is not until July.

fdlrc

The 1st Saturday cruise-in is from about 7:30-9:30 am in the Dick Sporting goods parking lot. I went this morning, only 35-40 cars. Last year it grew to about 400 cars. The guy that coordinated the event stopped by (knowing cars would gather), and let us know that there is no official sponsorship, thus no official permission. I nicely stated that I'm just here to have a cup of coffee, of course I put my hood up to cool the engine. He was cool, he drove off. He's the guy that told me about Green Mountain Falls.

CobraJoe

Nothing happening around here yet, looked for the Connecting Rods cruise night in Halifax, MA, no info other than cancelled. Also checked the Down Shifters Cruise at Plumb Corner in Rochester, MA, no info....
This is really starting to get old.   bawl