News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom S

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2024-01-14 10:31At 10 am this morning, it had warmed up to 6 degrees!! Pretty darned cold for Texas. It won't get above freezing until Wednesday.
Sorry, but I just gotta :005:

RICH MUISE

I knew that was coming, Tom,lol...... I know 6 degrees isn't that cold for Alaska, but you don't have to deal with the occasional 115 in the summer either.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57chero

I think we have the same cold front dropping down here in Oregon been in the teens at night, right now 26 degrees and sunny, supposed to be back in the 50s later this week.

mustang6984

At 4:20 CST it is a whopping 15* here in lovely Shell Knob MO. Was 20* when I looked at 10:00 this morning. Supposed to be a balmy 21* Tuesday...following a low tonight of -1:icon_bigsmurf:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Ford Blue blood

19 here in B-Ham, light flurries with a small amount on the ground.  Bad sign, the driveway has snow on it which means the ground froze overnight and the bridges and overpasses will be slick!  No worries here, have a twelver laid in, plenty of eggs and bread and a gas range......
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Tom S

Up in Fairbanks the high temp for today was forecast to be minus 24f & the low to be minus 42f. Glad I don't live up there! It always gets colder in the interior of Alaska in winter. It does get hotter up there in summer than it does down here.
It's 3:15 pm in Anchorage right now & the temp is zero degrees Fahrenheit. Many years ago the temps up here were almost always colder than how they have been for many decades now. I remember a lot of minus 20 degree & windy days. Even some minus 30 degree days. Even later, like 1971, I remember it being 20 below zero when going to work every morning for the whole month of March.
I know that down there in much of the the "lesser 48" it is very cold & causing some very serious problems. The difference is that it will warm up long before we do up here.  I sure hope none of you are are freezin' yer butts off & stuck with no electricity to run whatever heats your house. Been in that situation too many times.

abe_lugo

GNRS Pomona yesterday.  Took the 57 Hartop. About 6-7 57 in attendance and maybe 1 59 CS
Let post me some pics

Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

abe_lugo

More pics
That red brown Ranchero pulled that little dragster from Texas last week.

abe_lugo

More

abe_lugo

More

hiball3985

Nice pictures, good to see some 57's. Thanks for posting
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

abe_lugo

That bare metal Ranchero is on another level.  The side stainless is actually all CNC'd aluminum custom made.
All fitment is super.  But it will be a shame to paint it and hide the work.

59meteor

Any idea what powertrain is in the bare metal Ranchero? Certainly has a huge transmission tunnel. I really like that black Ranchero, and the 2 door wagon looks pretty nice as well. Not really a big fan of "resto mods" and billet stuff, but the bare metal Ranchero sure seems to have some great craftsmanship.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

abe_lugo

For that Ranchero actually Might have not been setup yet. I thought I took a pic of the info cards. But I reached out to them for more.
Here some more pics.  See the modern armrest with built in door handle. That was cool.

RICH MUISE

Some very nice machines there, Abe. Thanks for posting.
59Meteor......what'd ya mean "not a fan of restomods"??.........just yanking your chain.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe