News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Headliner welting

Started by Wirenut, 2013-11-23 20:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Wirenut

Can anyone tell me where the headliner welting (windlace) can be purchased or if it is even offered by anyone. I cannot find any and mine are in pretty bad condition. If anyone has any suggestions on an alternate solution to reinstall I would appreciate that, or what others might have done. I purchased a new headliner and have it installed with exception to the sides. This piece goes against the side roof of the car and then the tack strip that the headliner pushes up into to hold in place. Thanks

RICH MUISE

Kirby...the only place I've seen original style windlace is at classic auto parts in Oklahoma City. That said, I would imagine Lebaron Bonney (sp?) carries it since they do the original style interiors. I needed a matching vinyl to my upholstery, so I made mine.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hotroddonnie

I picked my headliner and wind lace up from this side of the border, which is unusual. Seems every time I need something  I'm ordering from the other side. Take your time putting it in, but if you've made it this far I'm sure you know.   

TexasFordGuy

You may want to check out SMS Fabrics http://www.smsautofabrics.com/
1957 Club Victoria (63B)
1955 F100

Wirenut

Thanks guys for the suggestions, I have gone through all of the catalogs I have and also some web searching with no luck. I will try the providers you've listed..

gasman826

If yours is not a restoration...Type in 'windlace' on eBay and you will have over 400 choices.  Choose a color and vendor.  About $3.00 a foot.

Frankenstein57

Got mine at dearborn classics before they were bought out, I'm pleased with it.

SkylinerRon

smsautofabrics.com has the correct stuff (and seat material too).

Goodluck,

Ron.

Wirenut

Thanks, I looked at the e-bay options and SMS but they have a general welting that I may have to settle for. The one I was hoping to locate is petty detailed on the fit and has all of the holes punched for the tack strip and it tucks under the roof drip rail stainless trim. I am going to call LeBaron  Bonnie and see if they have it. The pieces may be specific to the Fairlane 500 Hardtop. your suggestions are appreciated.. Keep warm and dry..