News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Another who know's question!

Started by hotroddonnie, 2013-12-01 17:31

Previous topic - Next topic

hotroddonnie

This question came out today at a friends place that also has a 57, and the question is related to my trunk lock questions  :deadhorse: How many side trim packages are there on the 57s?

Ecode70D

Not sure about Fairlanes.
I think that there are two for the Custom series and two for the 2dr. wagons.
That's my best shot, so someone else has to chime in now.

sprink88

I would suggest going to 1957ford.com and go to the models tab
~Chris

rmk57

Besides Fairlanes, Customs, etc.... Meteors had their own unique trim moldings.

Randy
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Jerrys Kars

Fairlanes had 2. Fairlane 500 and Fairlane. But also 2dr and 4dr hardtops and sedans. Then there's the Sunliner and Skyliner.

hotroddonnie

Thanks Sprink88. My question was for the 2 door, so from what I can figure like Jerry said, 3 types were available. We just had a couple of doors with 2 different hole patterns which sparked the question. Thanks HRD

Jerrys Kars

Specifically as for the doors, the Fairlane 2dr and 4dr sedan and HT didn't have any trim. 2dr Fairlane 500 Ht and Sunliner would be the same. Not sure about Fairlane 500 4dr sedan and HT. Pretty sure the Skyliner is in a class by itself.

Contibob

The "fancy" trim on the Fairlane 500 and the Custom 300 fenders and doors were slightly different. At a glance looks the same, but top stainless trim pieces were different. Bob

SkylinerRon

The gold trim is different on the fenders too.

Ron.

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: Jerrys Kars on 2013-12-02 07:28
Pretty sure the Skyliner is in a class by itself.

It is, the "check mark" passes through the lock, the short check mark to top of the quarter fin is wider and completely different and the top door piece is shorter.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

hiball3985

There is also the single full length chrome piece but I've only seen that on Ranchero and wagons.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

I may be wrong, but I think that "single full length piece" is just a matter of the builder deleting the top pieces and inserts, and using only the bottom pieces.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2013-12-03 09:34
I may be wrong, but I think that "single full length piece" is just a matter of the builder deleting the top pieces and inserts, and using only the bottom pieces.
They are shown in many of the 57 advertisements for both ranchero and wagons
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

I stand corrected...thanks for posting that.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

Don't forget the country squire "woody" package. Its probably the most expensive trim package to replace.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72