News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Unveiling of the 2015 Mustang in Hollywood

Started by 57AGIN, 2013-12-05 17:54

Previous topic - Next topic

57AGIN

Guys:

Sorry this is a non-57 topic, but I thought you would find it interesting.  As a member of the Board of Directors of the Ford Car Club Council in Southern California, representing 57 Fords International, Inc., I was invited to go to the unveiling of the 2015 Mustang at the Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood, CA this morning.  This April will mark the 50th Anniversary of Ford's Mustang, one the most popular cars ever made (next to our beloved 57 Fords anyway,lol).  The celebrities there included Henry Ford III, Parnelli Jones, John & Courtney Force and a team of the Mustang's design engineers.  Naturally, since the Mustang has been a featured star in more than 2,000 films and commercials, it will now have its footprint in cement somewhere along the Stars Walk of Fame on Hollywood Boulevard.  Had a great time and met lots of great Ford people.

Bob
57 AGIN

RICH MUISE

Thanks for posting that, Bob. I was just wondering this morning where you've been. I sure hope I like that rear end treatment better in real life than what I've seen in photos. Not bad, but it just reminnds me of one of those old Toyota Celicas(?), that oddly enough when they were out reminded me of a Mustang except for the rear end. Doesn't make sense I know.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

I'm with you Rich on that rear end.  My 08 will be with me for a long time because of it.  Love the hips, love the front fender droop but just can't get past the rear end....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

I misspoke...It was the rear end of the Celica that reminded me of a mustang Is this the best Ford can do...copy a 40 year old car, that was copying a 6 year old car?

Ecode70D

That red one does not look nice and the back end is extra terrible in my opinion.

rmk57

It was the Celica that copied the 1969/70 Mustang originally. I guess what comes around goes around.

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

wildhog

Nice of Ford to invite John and Courtey to the party, just before they fire them!
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

hiball3985

Sorry guys but I live in the past  :003: Do these new cars have black boxes that BIG BROTHER can monitor your every pedal movement? I think I'll keep my 66.

Back to the cave  :006:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Jeff Norwell

I don't mind it....But i still like the 12-14 models..... well..I like all mustangs.....except from 74-83.
Nothing can beat a Fastback 67-68........ except a 57 Ford.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

RICH MUISE

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2013-12-06 08:39
Sorry guys but I live in the past  :003: Do these new cars have black boxes that BIG BROTHER can monitor your every pedal movement? I think I'll keep my 66.

Back to the cave  :006:
Sounds like something  fururistic, but I'm guessing they probably do. When Toyota had that accelerator thing a few years ago, it came out that they were able to recover operation data from the computer that recorded speeds, brake usage, acceration, etc. and were able to prove that some of the people that were suing them were not telling the truth. That's probably what you were refering to..??

hiball3985

Doing this early unveiling may be a smart move on Fords part. If they get enough negative feed back they will have enough time to rethink it..
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2013-12-06 09:07
Sounds like something  fururistic, but I'm guessing they probably do. When Toyota had that accelerator thing a few years ago, it came out that they were able to recover operation data from the computer that recorded speeds, brake usage, acceration, etc. and were able to prove that some of the people that were suing them were not telling the truth. That's probably what you were refering to..??
Yes thats what I was thinking about. I guess it's built into the computer system.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Zapato

To me there will never be a prettier mustang than a 66 fastback. If you read any of the mustang magazines the 2 biggest complaints are the current generation tail lights and paint color choices. Looks like Ford doesn't read the rags or the tail lights (which is what every muscle car owner wants to show you) would have been changed to a more retro design. And hopefully the most exciting paint colors Ford offers won't be found only on Fusions.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Frankenstein57

It looks ok, I had heard they were doing a radical makeover because the current retro had run its course. I just don't think it changed all that much :deadhorse:

rmk57

The model in the pictures is quite conservative compared to the concept car. I really like it, looks great from any angle.

My personal favorite is the 69/70 fastback, one of the best designs Ford ever came up with, along with the 32 Ford coupe, 57 Ford and the list goes on......

Randy
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429