News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Looking For A Fan

Started by petew, 2013-12-26 14:02

Previous topic - Next topic

petew

Looking for a 5 blade fan like the one in the picture.

Pete

whisper38

petew

Quote from: whisper38 on 2013-12-26 16:28
there are several on evil-bay.I found several but some of those I looked at had the flex blades on them.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Pinto-Mustang-II-parts-used-5-blade-flex-fan-CF-D47E-8600-BA-/301052281329?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item46181d41f1

Thanks but those are different. I'm looking for the ones they used on the Y blocks . I really don't like flex fans as i had a piece of one fly by my head several years ago while checking the advance on a car with my timing light.

whisper38

was sure,the one off my old y-block is a four blade.

petew

Found one on evilbay. And Whisper you are probably right, my 55 Tbird had a 4 blade and a 4 Blade would have fit this car better. I have seen the fan I wanted on Y block engines in some pretty original cars but after almost 60 years who knows.

BWhitmore

I have the same fan on my Y block Ranchero.  I was told it is a 57 Y block fan for Factory a/c cars. 

SkylinerRon

Yep, Factory a/c cars had them.

Ron.

hiball3985

Sorry don't mean to hijack the thread but can someone explain why they used the offset spacing on the blades?
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

I'm guessing that's why he's looking for a new one...ain't suppose to be like that. Looks like the engine took a nose dive. LOL..I almost did a reply yesterday..."I assume you're not wanting one exactly like the one in the pic"
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Rich, the offset spacing is the way they are, some later model 7 blades are the same way but a 5-2 configuration. I never could figure out if it was for balance, noise ???
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

LOL..well, I'm sitting here red faced. When I posted my reply, I though, now I'm gonna feel really stupid if that's the way they're suppose to be, but I figured, nah, wouldn't be balanced like that..gotta be damaged. Thanks for posting that, Like Bob said on another post..learn something new eveyday on this site.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2013-12-28 10:06
LOL..well, I'm sitting here red faced. When I posted my reply, I though, now I'm gonna feel really stupid if that's the way they're suppose to be, but I figured, nah, wouldn't be balanced like that..gotta be damaged. Thanks for posting that, Like Bob said on another post..learn something new eveyday on this site.
I try to learn something new everyday too but I'm not always successful  :005:. I always had the impression that these fans would be out of balance but they aren't and I still have never had an answer as to why they are this way. Even seen them on Cameros  and Vet's..
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

whisper38

I maybe guessing here.The varied spacing is to reduce the noise of the fan.

lowrider

I picked one up for my yblock like petew posted at a swap meet a few years ago. Think I paid 10$ for it. 

Boss/Cyclone

I always thought it was spaced like that so you could loosen the fan belt and move the opening in the blades to the area you were trying to get to a bolt without removing the fan.  At least thats what I used it for.
57 Ford two door wagon
67 Shelby GT500 #2100 428, dual quads, 4speed
65 Cyclone drag car, 427, 4speed, ladder bars, etc.
64 Cyclone, Aztec Gold, 289, 4speed
66 Mustang GT fastback 347 5speed 4.22 gears
69 Mustang GT convertible 351 auto