News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Checkout this 57 superchaged ranchero

Started by Frankenstein57, 2013-12-26 16:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankenstein57

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1UllryDSZL0   One of two produced by ford, nice video on the car and what Ford was doing in 57, he did call it a fairlane platform, which is incorrect. But its pretty cool,  Mark

hotroddonnie

That is cool Mark. To bad he didn't fire it up! I'd love to see the other one, maybe it needs a restoration or something, you would think if only two were built and you had both you would show both. Not complaining or am I?

Ecode70D

Quote from: hotroddonnie on 2013-12-26 16:40
That is cool Mark. To bad he didn't fire it up! I'd love to see the other one, maybe it needs a restoration or something, you would think if only two were built and you had both you would show both. Not complaining or am I?

Donnie
   I have a gut feeling that you are right and the other one is in need of restoration.  Sure is great that he has both of them.

hotroddonnie

The fact that he has both is great. Why? because if a private collector had them we may not have ever seen the one we saw, and maybe in the future we will see both.

Lou

I know of at least 4 factory built supercharged Rancheros 2 built as "D" codes and raced on the beach at Datona during speed week 1957, the others belong to 2 friends of mine one in the upper midwest, the other was in southeast.

suede57ford

That was great.  He did a very good job narrating how impressive the 57 Ford line was that year.   I really enjoyed it.  Everyone needs to watch it.
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

Jeff Norwell

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

wildhog

That red Ranchero was owned buy a friend of mine in Minnesota and has be sold a number of times over the years. He had 2 of them at one time, but I think the other was a D code. He also hade a F T-Bird and other super charged 57's. Tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

RICH MUISE

Quote from: Lou on 2013-12-26 19:00
I know of at least 4 factory built supercharged Rancheros 2 built as "D" codes and raced on the beach at Datona during speed week 1957, the others belong to 2 friends of mine one in the upper midwest, the other was in southeast.
I'm confused..if it's the supercharger that makes it an f code, how can Ford have had factory supercharged d codes?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hotroddonnie

I need to sit down someday and learn all the codes, or at least some, and when the guy said 29 models for 57.... WOW!

RICH MUISE

Quote from: hotroddonnie on 2013-12-27 19:47
I need to sit down someday and learn all the codes, or at least some, and when the guy said 29 models for 57.... WOW!
I don't know many of them, but two you need to memorize just in case..engine code E: 312 w/ dual quads, and engine code F: 312 supercharged. Those two letters add a lot of numbers to a car's value. Mine was "A"..yup, the 6cyl.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

410ranchero

Pretty cool. Seems a little strange to have a 3 on the tree.

What was with the little ford emblem on the front of the rear quarter?

The tach struck me as kind of cheesy. As a car that looks very nicey restored to stock, it looks like a JC whitney add on.

wildhog

Rich, There were a few early D code cars prepped early in the year with the super charger for racing. Also a lot of clones have been built, that have the supercharger, but do not match the VIN tag. You could also get a supercharger installed at the dealership.
Ford also offered a V.S.57 supercharger as a dealer option along with the V.R.57 that was the production unit.

JPotter57

The F in the vin is what makes it a factory f code car.  Factory race car didn't mean it srarted as an F code, just that it was supplied to the racer as a supercharged 312 powered race prepped car.  If the vin says D, doesnt matter what it was delivered with, it is just a D code, 312 4v car.  I've seen at least one that has very very rare 2x4v supercharged equipment...none of it factory installed but allegedly delivered that way. Still, its vin says D, still rare for a Custom 70A car.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

wildhog

James, I think the car you are talking about was a C code car that had a E Code intake and a dealer package V.S. 57