News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Vin location

Started by whisper38, 2014-01-06 12:47

Previous topic - Next topic

whisper38

I need some very quick help ,I had the guys from DVM come out today to inspect my ranchero,so I can get a North Carolina title issued for it,because all I had from the guy I got it from in the state of Maine was a bill of sell,to make a long story short he had put on a new Vin plate at the driver door pillar,for which they didn't like,I tried looking for it at the other locations, the first is by the front horn where near where the first cross-rail connects, the second would be located between the front suspension and the front body mounting bolt.Thats where I looked couldn't find it.So if anyone can tell me where else to look and with a picture, it would be a great help.Thanks

LAUDY57

Go to 57fords.com, specifications, page 6.
"That Guy" keeps stealing everything I put down!

BWhitmore

1957 Ford Ranchero Data Plate with VIN attached to the driver's side door pillar.

whisper38

Quote from: BWhitmore on 2014-01-06 15:28
1957 Ford Ranchero Data Plate with VIN attached to the driver's side door pillar.
I have that,but they wanted other vin numbers off the ranchero,because the data tag on the door pillar is a new plate, according to spec. the other one are right side of the frame.And how it the shoe brown side of hales are you suppose to get to them without removing the body.

RICH MUISE

I can't see any indication of stampings in that front location on my car. Mine has been sandblasted por-15'd and painted, but you'd think they'd be something visable. Don't envy your situation. I removed my vin tag when I thought I was going to have the body dipped. I riveted it(the original) back on, and have the (Colorado)title for it, but always worried that I screwed up by removing it in the first place.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

BWhitmore

As far as I know, the data plate on the door pillar is the only location for the VIN number.  Am I wrong?  I was able to purchase a reproduction data plate from a fellow in Colorado who stamped the exact info from my old data plate on to the new plate.  He also provided exact reproduction rivets.  When I registered my Ranchero in California I went to the Auto Club.  They inspected the new VIN tag and registered the car with no problem.  Possibly the Auto Club would be a better way to register the car.

whisper38

Well the DMV guy came out again last week,and looked for another Vin number,couldn't find one,but went ahead and sent a picture of the reproductin Vin tag that was on the door pillar in the DMV office.And hurray I lucked up and recieved a title to it yesterday,I was sweating bullets there for a few days.

RICH MUISE

:boobies2: :boobies2:: :blob9:
Great to hear...that had to be a bit nerve racking.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe