News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

55 to 57 Ford Gassers

Started by Ecode70D, 2014-01-07 10:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecode70D

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this from another site, but it sure has some nice 57 Fords.
  If it is not allowed please remove it  with my apologies.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487387&highlight=tri+fords

hotroddonnie

Don't know anything about that site, never seen it before....Honest!

57 Ford Kustom

Great pic's! Thanks for the eye candy Jay!
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

hiball3985

I noticed a few post by Jeff in there..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Zapato

Quote from: hotroddonnie on 2014-01-07 11:55
Don't know anything about that site, never seen it before....Honest!

lol
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

hotroddonnie

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2014-01-07 12:19
I noticed a few post by Jeff in there..
Norwell's a two timing dog, sniffin around other sites....cant be trusted!

Jeff Norwell

Wrong Jeff, Never heard of that joint.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

hiball3985

Quote from: Jeff Norwell on 2014-01-07 16:14
Wrong Jeff, Never heard of that joint.
You can run but you can't hide  :003:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Limey57

The AWB in post #2 doesn't work aesthetically IMO.  Some damn cool pictures in that thread though, thanks for posting!!!!
Gary

1957 Ranchero

57AGIN

Guys:

There was a photo of a 56 Gasser named Galpin Gasser.  I wonder if the last name of the owner of that car was Galpin or if he was somehow related or worked for Galpin Ford located in Southern California.  At last years Winter Nationals, there was a nice looking 57 Ford named the "Galpin Gasser."  It was also featured in one of the hot rodding magazines.  There was also an article about a shop truck, a 68 Ranchero that is used by Galpin Ford today in Modified Mustangs & Fords. 

Back when I was racing at Lions Drag Strip in 1966, I usually did pretty good in my 65 Mustang at 13.60 seconds, 101 mph.  But, when a 65 Falcon pulled in and backed off the trailer with Galpin Ford lettered on its side, I figured I was going to have problems.  Sure enough, his initial run off the trailer was an 11.20 seconds, 116 mph.  Yes, he went home with the trophy for my class G/Stock Optional F6 (280 - 300 ci., single quad, hydraulic lifters, stick shift in the AHRA rules).  But, at least being beat by a Ford it wasn't such a bad thing, he just had a faster car, better equipment, more mechanical skills and a whole lot more money.  Back then, I was earning $1.00/hour + all I could eat, working as a short order cook in a hamburger joint and having a great time. lol

Bob
57 AGIN

hotroddonnie

From what I know. His name is Steve Carpenter and that is his dealership. The 56 is his and of course the 57 from the magazine. He had a black 57 Ford Gasser with flames, its in the image section under 57 Ford Gassers, he may have had a couple others. HRD

57AGIN

hotroddonnie:

I wonder if he's the one who beat me back in 1966. lol

Bob
57 AGIN

hotroddonnie

I don't think so Bob, I have seen pictures of Steve and he looks younger then 50. Maybe his dad!

hiball3985

Seems strange that there would be two Galpins, unless that guy is the new owner. Frank Galpin was involved in racing when he owned it back in the 60's. Ron Hornaday Sr use to drive for him on the ovals and Riverside. He won the Nascar west division title twice and was champ at our local track several years driving a 57.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

hotroddonnie

I thought I'd check. I went onto Galpin Gasser. Frank Galpin apparently started up in 1946 and Steve Carpenter is not an owner but is involved in the business. You guys can check out the site, there's some  info.