News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

electric wipers

Started by pat300, 2014-01-09 12:45

Previous topic - Next topic

pat300

Hi   I'm a first time poster so here goes   I would like to know if there is an electric wiper system that will replace the vacuum unit on a 57 custom 300.  Would prefer a later model unit as my car is not stock.  thx

BWhitmore

I purchased the electric system from Newport Engineering ( I hope I have the name correct).  It is a direct bolt on unit and for a small extra charge they sell you an adapter to use your original dash knob for the wipers.  Two speed - works great.  I believe the price was about $160.

petew

Page 117 of the Concours Parts catalog. A complete kit to change over to electric wipers B7A-17508-E $224.95

Pete

Ford Blue blood

55 - 57 Chevy electric motor is a bolt in.  I put a 60 Ranchwagon electric wiper motor in the 57 Wagon I had with a few minor mods to the bolt holes in the motor assembly.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

lowrider

I did the 57 Chevy wiper motor in mine. Works fine. Problem is finding a good one cheap enough. Same thing with a 59 or 60 motor.

hiball3985

I use a 57 Chebie also. If you guys ever break the old plastic slide that the cable hooks to Ecklers has a nice heavy duty replacement one. I bought one last year I think it was less then $5
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

pat300

thank you all very much. i had no idea.

Limey57

Does the 57 Chevy fit in the same location?
Gary

1957 Ranchero

wildhog

The 57 C---y bolts right in ,61 Ford bolt in with a little change. As far as the newport, mine burnt up the 3rd time it was in the rain.
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

Frankenstein57

I've been happy with the Newport, don't drive in the rain to much.

Jerry Winton

do any of you have pictures of how to mount the 57 Chev, wiper motor and any advise about the wiring process?

Ford Blue blood

Jerry it literally bolts in.  Remove the vacuum lines, remove the control cable, remove the two screws that hold the motor in place and remove the motor by pulling forward.

To install the Chevy motor, put it in place, put in the two screws, hook up the control cable and run a power lead to 12 V run and you're done.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

Jerry Winton

I am going to call my friend that has 57 chev and get the motor and get this project going.  Thanks for you speedy help.

junior58

Sound like the way I might go with mine. I just have to keep it a secret from my chevy loving buddies that I've got a chevy part on my car (tho it doesn't seem to matter to them that they are all running 9" diffs, lol).
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

Ford Blue blood

Here's what it looks like......that's actually a 60 Ford motor, the 57 is nearly identical, the control cable hooks up on the drivers side on the 57 Chevy assembly just like the old vacuum motor did.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero