News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Back window shelf

Started by 4banger, 2014-01-09 21:58

Previous topic - Next topic

4banger

On a 57 custom 300 , what type of covering is original on the back window shelf ? Cloth , vinyl , plain , pattern , etc. Anybody have a pic ?

RICH MUISE

I don't have a pic, but if I remember correctly it was a hardboard/fiber board with an embossed paper covering. I don't think I've ever seen them offered as a reproduction.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Hoosier Hurricane

As I remember, the embossing that Rich mentioned looks a lot like the back of a piece of Masonite panel.  John

4banger

I have a back shelf , but doesn't have the original covering.  LaBaron Bonney in Mass. offers the rear shelf for $ 90.00 I am going to buy one from them with a set of original pattern seat covers. Just wondering what the rear board covering originally looked like.

RICH MUISE

So they do reproduce them..good to know. I would think coming from LeBarron-Bonney it'll be very close to original.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

LAUDY57

Don't know if these will help, doesn't show texture in 2D. Colours were greys like the upholstery. $90 is a lot for what seems to be softish hardboard!
"That Guy" keeps stealing everything I put down!

4banger

Thanks alot guys for your input. I'll let you know when I receive my interior in a month or two.