News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Lets see some interior pics

Started by Finally1, 2014-01-15 21:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Finally1

Im not liking the interior in the 70A that I recently just purchased and not sure what route I would like to go . I would like to see some interior shots to maybe help me make a decision .
1957-70A -19000 miles
1966 Gt Fairlane 38000 miles

Both cars still have original sheet metal

RICH MUISE

My favorite on this forum is Bob's /57agin. Be sure to check it out. Very profesionally done..updated, but still very '57ish. unlike mine which is very contemporary.  I'm with you though...don't recall seeing many posting pics of their interiors, and I'd like to see more. If you got 20K plus to burn on an interior, here's some links to over the top end '57 Fords
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRdPelOEq34&NR=1&feature=endscreen
Can't find the link to a green Custom 2dr that was as over the top as the brown fairlane. I'll search for it
I'm still working on mine...eventually I'll change out the seats for a lower rise.
Unlike chevys that have all kinds of neat dash instrument panels available by companies like Dakota Digital, there is nothing really neat available for our Fords..your kinda on your own if you want to divert from oem.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

RICH MUISE

Found the link to the green Custom 300...incredible all the way around including the interior:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP1vvk1rCR8

RICH MUISE

Boy, I can sure kill a thread.

robhaerr

Here ya go...

57AGIN

Finally1:

Here are some photos of what I had done to my 57 Custom 300's interior.  Criteria was it had to be comfortable, have a fold down back seat so I could get my surfboard inside the car, it couldn't cost an arm & a leg and finally I wanted it to be real leather.  The first photos are of the seats being constructed, the next series is what they look like installed.  Rich has some nice words about it, and I'm very happy to say the upholsterer accomplished everything I wanted at about half the price Gabe or Stitch Craft (Used on Overhaulin TV series) would have charged.  The front seat is a Glide Engineering seat and the first photo was taken at the factory while it was being assembled, it took him about 15 minutes.  The next photo shows the front seat having the foam installed on it at the upholstery shop.  The next photo shows the front seat finished and ready to be installed in the car.  The final photo shows the seat in the car at a local car show.

Bob
57 AGIN

57AGIN

Finally1 :

The final series of photos show the back seat construction and installation.  The first photo shows the foam being mocked up and partially installed in the car.  The next photos shows the back seat and side bolsters actually fitted into the car, before the side panels were installed.  The next photo shows the front & rear seat and rear side panel completed.  The final photo shows the trunk of the 57 after being upholstered and sitting at a car show with one of my 10 foot surfboards inside.  All my requirements were met and the car seating is just as comfortable in the back seat as in the front seat and is pleasant to take on long drives.

Bob
57 AGIN

hotroddonnie

Wow! Some money spent on those interiors. That's cool that you have pictures of yours being made Bob. My money went on the metal fabricating, my interior wasn't much.

RICH MUISE

Rob...never realized your inserts were tweed....very nice. Love the color combination as well...those tans look really sharp with the red. I've always been torn between the comfort of fabric and the look and feel of leather.
Bob...I was hoping you'd post some pics agin. You know what I think about yours. AWESOME!
Donnie...not a whole lot of money in my case...but a boatload of time. Mine was definetly a budget build..salvage yards and homemade for the most part.Most of the money spent on "inside" stuff so far for mine were things that would have been done anyways..electric windows, gages,switches,handles,A/C etc etc. All of mine is homegrown, so Bob probably has more money tied up in his front seat than I have in my complete interior. This part of my build was probably the most enjoyable for me. Lots of fun build time, and that's what it's all about isn't it? Nice thing about an interior is so many relatively cheap projects you can do in steps..a 200. headliner took me a week of parttime to install, same with the carpet. Door and back panels..not a whole lot of cash, but hours and hours of that fun build time. Like everything else on my car..no one but me has ever touched it. My first interior also, so lots of learning curves.
My back seats also fold down like Bob's..a priority for me as well when I was scouring salvage yards for seats. As I've mentioned before, my tastes have changed, and I will eventually replace the high back front seats with a lower rise. And I spent so much time dying those seats, including the ford logo. lol. Other things have already been completed, or changed since I took the photos I posted..the back shelf with side arms is installed, the shifter is changed to the Mark viii. My biggest challenge with the interior...I can't sew, so everything done was done without sewing.

hotroddonnie

Well they look great and I bet their comfortable as lleh, 

Finally1

I will have to say those look great maybe a bit to much style for me . Im a simple fellow and was looking for something a little more suttle and stock appearing just not stock fabric . Keep them coming as I may just change my mind .
1957-70A -19000 miles

JPotter57

Finally1, I must ask, if you have your seats redone, please, please, please save the upholstery, and make me a price.  I want the original style interior, and don't want to pay lebarron bonney prices.  O am dead serious, door panels and all.  I will either pay to ship or come get them from you.  Let me know when and if this occurs...
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Finally1

Mine is not original either . It was redone when the previous owner bought it . He said he took the plastic seat cover off and pushed his finger right through the fabric on the front seat so he did it all .
1957-70A -19000 miles

suede57ford

The 70A custom sedan is basically a grained vinyl with the center sea tinsert with a star type patern on a gray material.

I found that a gm Uplander/Venture Minivan had a very similar pattern on the inserts of the seats.  It looks very vintage and most would think it is the correct stuff if an original wasn't parked next to it.   

The advantage to the newer material Venture material s it is more stain and fade resistent than the OEM stuff.

Now the kicker.   I ordered everything that one of the major warehouses had left last year.   You may still find it from onother supplier. 
I found the code to it in the material in a material fabric book at my local trim shop
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

Jeff Norwell

Quote from: JPotter57 on 2014-01-19 17:41
Finally1, I must ask, if you have your seats redone, please, please, please save the upholstery, and make me a price.  I want the original style interior, and don't want to pay lebarron bonney prices.  O am dead serious, door panels and all.  I will either pay to ship or come get them from you.  Let me know when and if this occurs...

And after James has been fulfilled,I will be right behind him.
yes please!
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com