News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Gentle scolding and general notice....

Started by JPotter57, 2014-01-26 09:42

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

I normally don't say anything about thread hijackings here, and wo't again, except in certain cases.  That being said, don't hijack someone's for sale or wanted ad.  If you want something similar to what someone else is looking for, post your own ad.  If someone is selling something, and you know of the whereabouts of another similar, or more desirable ad, post another ad, don't kick the guy trying to sell his item...Like I said, gentle scolding, so enough said.  Thanks, that's all.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Ecode70D

No responses yet so I'll say something....
    I'll be more careful about hijacking other poeple's threads.  Except HRD.  I haven't even met him yet, but for some reason I pick on him.  Must be because he and that Jeff guy from up there  are partners in crime.
Jay

wildhog

I agree with James, there are a lot of times that the original thread gets hijacked and goes in a totaly different direction, just because some thing that is posted reminds you of something else. If that is the case, post a new topic and start fresh. Thanks Tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

wildhog

Jay, HRD is always fair game to pick on,as well as Norwell! James is not saying not to comment or have fun, but to try to stay to the subject of the thread, if you want to change the subject just start over. Thanks Tom

hotroddonnie

HA HA....You guys got in trouble! :006:

wildhog

We may be in trouble HRD, but I am going to drop a dime on you! Your turn in the barrel is coming.

JPotter57

I normally don't say anything about hijacking,  but we really need to take it easy where it concerns classified ads.  Especially when two or three people end up looking for the same part and only one part is available.  Or when someone is trying to sell something and ads for other stuff for sale get posted in his ad.  That kind of stuff leads to hard feelings and I just want to keep that to a minimum.  I know some threads have spun out of control in the past where a member asked a question about something and at the end of two or three pages of smalltalk and banter, still no answer to the original question.  Iknow there are rabbit trails that we all go down, I am guilty as well.  Let's just try to be courteous concerning folks ads and real questions.  That is all.. Nothing more to see here.
Old, loud, and fast.

jumping jack flash

Hmmmm, well that could have been me. I don't remember doing it , but I might have. If I did, OOps , and I'm sorry.   Jack

JPotter57

No, it was several of us. I have even been guilty of it in the past, but am making a concious effort to not do it again.  Seriously everyone, I am not mad, trying to be a jerk or a dictator, or any of that.  Just trying to not bury someone's question or ad before they get an answer or find what they're looking for.
Old, loud, and fast.

BWhitmore

I agree and appreciate your comments.  When someone is trying to sell a car, it becomes very difficult when someone else advertises another car on the same post.  We are all guilty.

Jeff Norwell

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Frankenstein57

I believe I set him up on that one, I thought the original post was for a Mark 8.  Tom's buddy even called me, my apologies to all. :grandpaSimpson: :homer:    Mark