News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Ranchero part identification help please

Started by Limey57, 2014-02-04 09:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Limey57

My Ranchero was stripped and labelled pretty well before I got it.  Rummaging through a box yesterday I found this, it has two straps tie-wrapped to it (so I assume they go with it) and it is labelled "right hand" (so I assume I have a left hand somewhere), but where does it go?  It looks like some sort of surround, the fixing screws/studs are at an angle on the back but so far I can't figure out where it's from?

Anyone know?

Gary

1957 Ranchero

jumping jack flash

I hope you have one for the other side too. It is a cap that fits on the end of the front fender, sort of an extension. It is a dress item to give a finished look to the fender. We call them the "eye brow " , as they fit over and around the headlight. ....They look nice chromed, but didn't come that way on any Rancheros.

Limey57

Thanks, oh so obvious now! I checked it up against everything except the fenders, I'll hunt for thr other one at the weekend.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

Ecode70D

Limey
    That's for your headlight extension as was previously mentioned.  I have spares if you can't find the other side.  No charge.   Jay

Limey57

Thanks Jay, I'm going to sort through my other boxes at the weekend so hope to find the other side. The previous owner labelled EVERYTHING (I'm surprised the labels don't have labels.......) but if I get stuck I'll shout.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

Contibob

Jay, If Gary doesn't need any, I could use a good pair. Mine are not in good shape. Bob

Ecode70D

Quote from: Contibob on 2014-02-04 22:10
Jay, If Gary doesn't need any, I could use a good pair. Mine are not in good shape. Bob

Bob
     I'll take a look in a couple of days to see what I have.   We have had three days of snow with more coming, making it not very easy to get out back and dig through stuff. 
     Sometimes the mounting studs on the eyebrows are missing.   When that happens, the way to attach them is to bond them on.  What state are you in?  Jay

Contibob

California, Sorry you are getting more snow.

Limey57

Found both sides AND they've got all the studs still intact, result!!!
Gary

1957 Ranchero

hotroddonnie

Quote from: Limey57 on 2014-02-07 12:47
Well now you've got that looked after...how about polishing them shoes. HRD

Ecode70D

Quote from: Limey57 on 2014-02-07 12:47

Gary... That's great.  Sometimes people do save and tag most of the parts when they take a car apart.   It is even  better that all of the studs are on them.   Fifteen years ago when I took my 57 apart,  I did the same.  I tagged and put lots of stuff away for safe keeping.  They are still safe, because I put them away so good that I can't even find lots of them.

Bob.... I have not forgotten you.  Just haven't gotten into the storage places where some of the parts are kept.   Jay.

Limey57

Quote from: hotroddonnie on 2014-02-07 16:29...how about polishing them shoes. HRD

I'm going to paint them with brown Rustoleum.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

Ecode70D

Quote from: Limey57 on 2014-02-08 11:12
I'm going to paint them with brown Rustoleum.

Gary
   You had better save me some of that brown Rustoleum because HRD is going to be on my case too when he sees that my work boots need polish .

Bob
    This is what my spare eyebrows look like.   I took them off of my 57 custom.  Notice that the studs are hurting and they would have to be bonded onto the front fenders.  NC if you need them.   Jay

HRD   Sorry that my boots were not shined for the photo shoot.  I'll try to do better.   

Limey57

Don't polish the boots, leave them and call it "patina", someone's bound to pay over the top for them when you've finished with them!
Gary

1957 Ranchero

Ecode70D

Quote from: Limey57 on 2014-02-08 12:53
Don't polish the boots, leave them and call it "patina", someone's bound to pay over the top for them when you've finished with them!

Gary
    I'm going to send them back to the manufacturer for a new pair.  They have a lifetime guarantee on them and I  noticed that one of the soles is starting to come loose.   Jay