News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

The Beatles

Started by alvin stadel, 2014-02-10 20:41

Previous topic - Next topic

alvin stadel

I remember very well watching the Ed  Sullivan show when the Beatles made thier first appearance, It was great. After the broadcast I jumped into my Inca Gold and Black 57 2dht met up with some friends and talked about the what we had watched. did some serious cruising,plowed though some snow banks probably drank a couple beers, talked smart then went home as we had school the next day. Now fast forward 50yrs, last night I watched the tribute to the Beatles enjoyed it very much, but this is where things change. We have about 3ft of snow on the level, cold SOB, I did walk over to my show room and look at my  Inca Gold and Black 57 2dht, but it stayed right in where it is warm. Its amazing when you are 17 and bullet proof how snow and cold really didn't matter, now the sun better be out and a warm day before I even think of taking my baby for a drive.

Ecode70D

Quote from: alvin stadel on 2014-02-10 20:41
I jumped into my Inca Gold and Black 57 2dht met up with some friends and talked about the what we had watched. did some serious cruising,plowed though some snow banks probably drank a couple beers, talked smart then went home as we had school the next day.  We have about 3ft of snow on the level, cold SOB, I did walk over to my show room and look at my  Inca Gold and Black 57 2dht, but it stayed right in where it is warm. Its amazing when you are 17 and bullet proof how snow and cold really didn't matter, now the sun better be out and a warm day before I even think of taking my baby for a drive.

I would like to think that it is the same car that you have had all these years.  Is it???

Frankenstein57

I remember I was 8 when they were on Ed Sullivan, changed everything. I enjoyed the tribute Sunday night. My sisters best friend still has her ticket stub from when they played in Milwaukee, $2.85 admission.

alvin stadel

No it isn't the same one, I wish it were as many a first time adventures took place in that car. The one I have now is a E code so I treat it with a little more respect.

Ecode70D

.  Well, you still have the memories of the old one and this one helps to think about it.  E Code does not hurt one bit.  The reason I asked is because I still have one of my first cars after 45+ years and it's still runs and drives well and is registered.

electricalan

Nice  trip back Alvin.I bet your current 57 likes the ground rules a lot better than the old one.
Returning from a long hibernation!!!

robhaerr

That Sunday evening on Ed Sullivan is still fueling my bandmates and me...here we did a full night of Beatle tunes for a dinner concert...a taste of a few...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK03ugUH56s

Keeps me sane!

Rob

Jeff Norwell

I was a year old,memories are a tad fuzzy.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

57 Ford Kustom

Never cared much for the Beatles, I guess hearing my Dad complaint that since Buddy Holly music is sh!+, kind of molded my taste! Lol!
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: 57 Ford Kustom on 2014-02-15 11:43
Never cared much for the Beatles, I guess hearing my Dad complaint that since Buddy Holly music is sh!+, kind of molded my taste! Lol!
Tim :unitedstates:

What he said!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

hotroddonnie

Quote from: robhaerr on 2014-02-12 08:33
That Sunday evening on Ed Sullivan is still fueling my bandmates and me...here we did a full night of Beatle tunes for a dinner concert...a taste of a few...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK03ugUH56s

Keeps me sane!

Rob
I was born in 61, but all through my life I always managed to listen to a good Beatles song. My wife and I went to a Johnny Cash tribute concert, great time! Great job on the Beatles (tribute) Rob. HRD

alvin stadel

Jeff, I never really payed any attention to the age difference of the guys on this site. It's great to know that when us old guys are taking our last cruise  into the sunset there will be some to keep the torch burning. To me there is a lot more to the 57 Ford thing than just the cars, I can still remember when they made thier day-view in Oct of 57 and my first ride in one about 2 weeks later, I thought they were great and still do.
but its sad to say, and I think a lot of the guys here will agree with me, you will never get to experience the whole ride. From the late 50's to the mid 60's it was quite a trip, we were all very proud of our cars, no matter what make or model they were. Where I grew up in western S.D. all the cars that had radios had one thing in common and that was they were all tuned into KOMA Oklahoma City. The music was part of what we were no matter if we were running the 1/4, cruising, or making a beer run. Also we never had to worry about what kind of fuel we were getting or if the oil had zink in it we just drove the hell out of things. Hope I haven't bored you, but some times I just like to remember how it was, trust me life was much simpler when all you need was a nice clean 57 ford, a little pocket money and a 6-pack setting on the seat beside you.                       

RICH MUISE

Right on Alvin. I think we grew up in some special times that were unlike anything before us or anything that has been or will be after. Music, cars, women...and still managed to get a better grip on life than most of the current crop.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57AGIN

Guys, if you can remember American Graffiti and Happy Days, that is the miracle time I was lucky enough to have lived in here in Southern Calif.  We had 13 drag strips in our general area and the Riverside Raceway to watch the NASCAR Fords, Chevys, Dodges, Plymouths, and Mercurys blasting through the Esses and slamming into turn 6.  During the week, after school (never did homework) we'd cruise the various boulevards to the hamburger stands/drive-in restaurants until about midnight.  We didn't have to drive more than 20 miles in any direction to get from the A&W to the Wich Stand & then up La Brea Blvd to Hollywood Blvd. and go back and do it all over again.  It was all so very innocent, back then the bad guys smoked cigarettes (no pot hadn't surfaced yet) and maybe had a beer.  Most of us were content with just cruising & doing an occasional stop light to stop light acceleration contest, hardly ever breaking the speed limits(lol).  We'd put 2,000 miles a week on our cars and seldom go more than 20 miles from home.  Weekends were just as good, Proms on Friday night, then a cruise & stop to watch the submarine races in some shady foot hill area (Palos Verdes for me & my date).  Saturday was spent at the Drags, at night we'd go to a local Drive-in movie.  Sunday back to the drag strip (mine was Lions Drag Strip in Long Beach) and afterwards cruise the boulevard to show off the trophys from the drags when we got lucky.  What a great time to be young.

It isn't so bad to still be here, except the drag strips have almost vanished, cruising is outlawed in most of the old cruising areas and the drive-in restaurants and movies are nearly all gone, too.  But, replacing them are car shows just about every night during the week and all day on Saturday & Sunday.  Which given the condition of most of our aging body parts is a good thing to go to a car show and sit around swapping stories, parts and colas.  When we were young the only car shows were the ones where all the new cars were brought out, now it is where all the muscle cars & classics are driven to and displayed.  Who would have thought we would pay $20.00 to $50.00 to allow people to have the privilege of looking at our cars.  Times have certainly changed, as have we.

Bob
57 AGIN

Zapato

all you guys that believe rock & roll died in the 50s along with Buddy Holly and the Big Bopper here's one for you.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=691r2DDdWn4         

Zap- :unitedstates: bawl
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72