News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Scottsdale cruise in

Started by 57 imposter, 2014-02-27 20:50

Previous topic - Next topic

57 imposter

I seem to remember someone on this site discussing the Saturday night cruise in in Scottsdale Az. We are heading for Phoenix next wed and would like to check out the cruise in on Saturday. Can't wait to get out of this winter weather for a while and take in some baseball games. Sorry, got side tracked, I would appreciate any info anyone has on the Scottsdale event.

RICH MUISE

Probably was me. If all goes well, we will be leaving for Phoenix next wendsday also. In the winter months the pavillion cruise starts earlier in the day...mid afternoon. It is located at the Mcdonalds across from the Pavilion Mall, and very close to the Rockies/Diamondbacks complex, BTW . Let me do some map searching and I'll get you some cross streets. There may be a change of command where my wife works that may interfere with her being able to leave. The management company that was running Pantex lost their appeal today, and the new company comming in will be notifying them shortly when the transition is to take place...I got my fingers crossed it doesn't mess up our Arizona trip (or her job!)
I assume you know the Goodguys show is that weekend..starts the 7th
address of the cruise is 9140 E. Indian Bend rd., Scottsdale. the link shows a map...scroll north a bit and you'll see the Ballpark
https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=&daddr=9140+E.+Indian+Bend+Rd.+Scottsdale,+AZ+&hl=en

keep in touch, if I'm still going maybe we can meet at the cruise or the Goodguys(I'll go on Friday as it got rained out last year..I don't want to wait until later in the weekend then have rain come in!)
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

I don't get a chance to travel anymore, but I will be there with you guys in thought only.  I sure do miss that place.  Think of me while you are there.
Jay

LAUDY57

57 Imposter, this site has just abouteverything happening in the Phoenix area. http://www.arizonaautoscene.com/
Roddin' and Racin' is a local newspaper in Chandler that businesses give out and it has a lot of current dates as well.
We are going to the Cubs/Angels game today, rod run tonight, drags tomorrow and Pavillion cruise (although it's supposed to rain tomorrow), NASCAR on Sunday, more runs next week. Tough place to visit!
I got a case of smarts and stopped looking at old trucks, I need to spend cash on my 57 instead and need to downsize the number of projects.
Rich, we and our hosts are leaving Thurs morning for the Vegas race then coming back something like the next Wed. after a detour to Grand Canyon, don't know how long you're going to be here.
Jim, with the weather forecasts for your area I hope you don't get washed away and make out ok.
"That Guy" keeps stealing everything I put down!

hiball3985

Lorne,
Hope your trip goes well but I'm not sure about the weather. It's pouring here and the storm is headed east. I miss going to the Nascars race over there. Talk about extreme weather changes, the last time I was at the Grand Canyon there was snow on the ground up on the rim and down at the river it was 100 degrees. Thats one deep hole  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Lorne, If I still can make it, we may have a day or so overlap where we can meet. Probably won't leave for home until that Friday morning. I'll keep you posted. Sounds like you're having a great time..I'm gonna be really bummed out if we have to cancel.

RICH MUISE

Lorne, 57imposter...pm me your cell phone numbers so we can try to get in touch in Phoenix. mine is 806-341-2036

hotroddonnie

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2014-02-28 15:35
Lorne, 57imposter...pm me your cell phone numbers so we can try to get in touch in Phoenix. mine is 806-341-2036
Thank you! I'm calling at 3am :015:

RICH MUISE

I don't sleep with my hearing aid. LOL

RICH MUISE

Got into the low 70's yesterday...currently 5 degrees, today's high was 8. Good day to stay inside...I actually got my taxes done and filed.
I misread the weather forcast I talked about for Phoenix next week..The "chance of rain" was all I saw..didn't look at the second line...." 0%"! cool

sprink88

8? In Amarillo? Hell must be freezing over. I haven't seen this much snow in my backyard since I was a grade school-er. (OMG, I just read that. I have officially turned old, I say what old people say).

How is weather in the south. I lived 3 yrs in Austin as a teen. winters had 2-3 days of freeze (ice making)
~Chris

RICH MUISE

back up to the 30's today..feels like a heat wave after the windy and cold yesterday.
Looks like I'll be in Phoenix/Scottsdale next week. Word at my wife's workplace is the new management company is already starting to infiltrate in, but not expected to get hectic for a few weeks, so she's going while she can. YYYEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!!!
I got you guys phone numbers..looking forward to hooking up.

57 imposter

That is good news Rich.  We are getting ready to head out Wed. morning. With sight seeing, we should hit Phoenix Friday afternoon or early evening. If I don't hear from you before, I will give you a call on Saturday morning........

RICH MUISE

The extended forecast shows we should have good weather. We're leaving later Wednesday afternoon and should make it close to the az/nm line before we put up. I'm still planning on the Goodguys show on Friday..if it's really big, I can always go back on Saturday. We stay in Buckeye on the southwest corner of the Phoenix metroplex.
Have a safe trip down..see ya in short sleeves!

LAUDY57

It's nice here guys, shorts, t-shirt, cooler in evening for good sleeping! The rain here on Fri night/Sat was monsoon like at times.
"That Guy" keeps stealing everything I put down!