News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Windshield trim clips for Fairlane 63-A

Started by RICH MUISE, 2014-03-03 14:31

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Rlibew is looking for the 3 brackets that hold the top widshield trim piece on. The PN is
BAC-6403178, 3 required. I found the diagram in the sealant manual, so I'm posting it for him. (Make sure you don't add a dash number behind the one I listed...it makes it another part!)
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

RICH MUISE

Just got to thinking, now that you have a PN, give Antique Auto Parts in Arlington, Tx a call. They are on our links list (2nd from top) no website, but I've got their phone number on the link. They will probably take the PN and call you back..they sometimes take a day or two. None of their huge inventory is on computer!, it's all hand done like the old days.

rlibew

Thank you Rich I have exhausted all my sources here in Calif. I will call antique Auto parts in hope of finding them. My car had four of these clips across the front drip rail, sure hope Antique auto can help, if not, do you have any ideas of how to secure this stainless over windshield, I was thinking maybe double face tap may do the job. 

RICH MUISE

Just saw your post...I'd say definitely no on the double face tape..you don't want to be looking for a replacement strip when it blows off. Even if it held it securely when first applied, that stuff dries out and will eventually let go.

Ford Blue blood

The double faced tape will not reach the drip rail.  Trying to tape it at the top will not allow nor keep the lower edge against the rubber.  There are tabs on either end that you could use to screw it down to the roof, just not sure they would keep it from rattling.

Having done that part on the Edsel a couple of hints.  After the clips are in place put both of the windshield post pieces in place and screwed down before you snap it onto the trim clips.  The center piece can be hooked on the top of the clips while putting in the post stainless.  After those two are in place and screwed down all it takes is a little slap with the heal of your hand to set them.  I like to use a little smear of bar soap on the clips before assembling, it washes right off and lubes the part to ease the install.  I also use bar soap on the screw heads when putting in the painted interior pieces.  Keeps from chiping the paint.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

rlibew

thanks,.. for all the great advice,.. not sure screwing center trim at ends would keep it from rattling or damaging roof paint where trim crosses over. I'm checking with a  place in Texas ( antique parts in Arlington).
Anyway still looking,.. My car is not in holding pattern for glass mainly because I did not look close enough at wind wing tower plating  and trim pieces and those are a week out to be refinished. It's funny,.. as I thought I had this project on fast track and now next month it will be 2 years but I'm 95% there.   

rlibew

Has anyone installed the roof trim using other than stock ford fasteners, I have tried with no luck to locate the originals