News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Front seat options

Started by Finally1, 2014-03-25 07:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Finally1

Since I cant seem to find a spare front seat what options do we have that will fit for a front seat . Do any of the earlier or later seats fit ? Im thinking if I am gonna switch to something else may get one with a fold down armrest .
1957-70A -19000 miles
1966 Gt Fairlane 38000 miles

Both cars still have original sheet metal

RICH MUISE

Fit?...size wise, I think you'll be surprised at how many vehicles will be the right length and width, height. More than likely most anything will require new bolt down holes. I can't remember what model you have, if it's a 2dr, you'll need to be looking at 2dr donor cars so it's got the fold forward backs.  That will really limit your looking..as most cars nowadays are 4 drs., and most of the 2 drs have bucket seats.   On a good weather day, spend some time at a local salvage yard with a tape measure. Don't overlook middle seats from an suv...a lot of them are just bolted to a high riser than can be replaced/altered/removed to a shorter height. If your local yards are like this area, finding one with good usable upholstery will be the problem.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Finally1

Dont care about upholstery I bought all factory stuff new door panels ,headliner ,windlace and seat material . My interior is very nice I just want the factory look and figured I could sell my interior as a package to someone .
1957-70A -19000 miles

jdlafayette

Mine had a 1966 Galaxie seat that fit good. That is probably too old though. Do you mean you are selling a complete interior? If so what is your car etc.?

rmk57

Maybe something from a 2 door Fairlane, Torino, Ranchero, they had split bench seats. Never did like the bucket seat look in a 57 but I can understand the comfort part for long distance driving with a nice pair of buckets.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Finally1

Yes it will be a complete kit door panels ,seats ,headliner ,rear packing shelf ,kick panels and trunk has been done as well . Its a 70a  .
1957-70A -19000 miles

57AGIN

Finally1:

I had the same questions and problems when getting my 57 ready for the road in 2004.  I finally saw a front bench seat with a center fold down arm rest in a 57 Brand XheXy.  I asked the owner and he told me it was a Glide Engineering product.  It works like a modern seat with both fold forward and fold back capability and when properly upholstered it is very comfortable.  You can have it upholstered to look pretty original, mine isn't.  They are a bit pricey, but at least they are made in the USA.

Bob
57 AGIN

jdlafayette

Is a 70 A the custom series?. Mine is a 63A Fairlane 500 2dr hdtp. Too bad they are different.

Finally1

1957-70A -19000 miles

JPotter57

how much do you want for your interior stuff, and what does it look like?  I might be interested, however, it is a long haul from here to Ohio..
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Finally1

Heres a pic of the front and back seat and the door panels . I havent came up with a price yet still waiting on my stuff to show up . Other picture here . 
http://s18.photobucket.com/user/galaxie1_/library/57%20300?sort=3&page=1
1957-70A -19000 miles

4thgen57

James has first dibs and not trying to step on his toes. I may interested as well. I have factory front and rear seats that I may be willing to trade. Its only a 45 min drive for me.

Finally1

Been thinking about this and here is what we have , front and rear seat ,kick panels with speakers ,rear packing shelf with third brake light, headliner , trunk carpet and complete trunk surround ,windlace , the tops of the arm rest which matches the interior and sun visors if it has them dont remember if it does . Im looking for $1000.00 and a factory front seat . I think this is very fair considering what I have just spent to go back factory .
1957-70A -19000 miles

JPotter57

4thgen, go ahead.  That is a very nice interior, and a good price.  You are 45 minutes from him and I am 1000 miles away.  I am not at the stage of needing interior yet, and don't have a clean dust free place to store it until I do need it.  I am at least a year away from needing interior work.  Those are nice colors too, is that light and dark grays?  Looks awesome, just wish I were in more of a position to get it.  The swapping out of stock front seats would be cost prohibitive to ship. Hopefully, by the time I need it, I will come across a comparable deal, or will have learned how to do it myself, or talk my dad into sewing a set up for me.  Thanks guys..
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Finally1

There has to be more than this out there that people have tried .
1957-70A -19000 miles