News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Beware of parking lots

Started by 57AGIN, 2014-03-25 17:52

Previous topic - Next topic

57AGIN

Everyone:

Thank you for your thoughts and comments.  Fortunately no one was hurt (except my feelings) and the damage is able to be repaired pretty quickly.  Yesterday, I took the car to the upholstery shop that did the interior and had them remove the rear seat, the passenger side rear seat bolster, and the right side trunk upholstery.  This was to gain access to my side trim, which is bolted on to the body.  The car went into Santini's Paint & Body shop today and has been promised (?) to be done within two weeks.  We'll see.  Since this time it is an "Insurance job" and not a custom or restoration it will probably be done pretty quickly.

57AGIN

Oops, posted the same photo twice.  Must have been a Senior Moment.

57AGIN

Update:  Guess what???  I went to see the car today and found it wrapped in plastic to keep a lot of the sanding dust off other parts of the car and the dent already repaired.  I'm not sure if it is ready for paint, but I was impressed by the speed with which Santini is working on the car.  The bumper has been sent out for straightening and re-chroming.  The car is well on its way to being whole again.  Guess this is the difference between "insurance work" and a custom/restoration job.

Bob
57 AGIN

Jeff Norwell

Bob,I s your car being repaired at Pete Santini's shop?If so,Please say hi to Steve Stanford,If you see him,All time Hero to me!
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

JPotter57

You're a good man, Pat.  Hate to hear about your car getting tweaked Bob, and yours to Pat.  At least it wasn't something major.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

JimNolan

Bob, hate to hear about your car. I probably would have went ballistic, especially since my painter died of a heart attack. I've been extremely lucky as I've found myself surrounded by cars all the time, especially when parking at Wal Mart. Don't let it deter you from driving it though.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

57AGIN

Jeff:

Yes, Steve Sanford is still at Santini's.  In fact he actually lives there and keeps an eye on the place nights and weekends.  Occasionally I will see him doing some striping or lettering on a car and he's shown me a number of his renderings. Originally Pete and I were going to have Steve do some striping on my 57, but we never did finalize that.  I may still end up having him do something subtle on the 57 though.  And Yes I will say hello to him for you, both of you have great talents.

Bob
57 AGIN

Jeff Norwell

That's very very cool Bob.I finally met Steve at the last GNRS(albeit very briefly) he had just finished a rendering of my blown 32 coupe.I plan on getting some more renderings done of my other cars.Pete Santini is one of there best painters.Dang, your in very good company.
Thank you for the compliment,But My talent pails compared to Steve.I am a mere grain of sand and he is a Mountain.
Anyhow,Your 57 is gonna be just fine.

Jeff

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

robhaerr

I hated seeing the initial post.

I love reading about how it is coming together!

What insurance company are you using, Bob?

Best...
Rob

57AGIN

robhaerr:

Rob, I'm using Infinity Insurance Company's Classic Collectors.  My broker was having some difficulties with Grundy, my former carrier.  He then shifted me to Infinity's Classic Collectors.    So far everything has gone very smoothly with Infinity. 

Funny that you should ask today, I just went out to the mailbox and lo & behold guess what was waiting for me.  A check for the entire cost of the estimates I submitted a week ago.  From the date I reported the claim to Infinity it took only 11 days to receive the check.  If that isn't what you would call service, I do know that's what I call it.  I hope I'll never have to contact them again, but I'm certainly impressed and would recommend them to any car enthusiast that has a high value car.  My Insurance Broker is Ron Erskine Insurance Agency,  he is located in Long Beach, CA and I see him with one of his classics at a few shows during the year, a good guy.  His number is, 1 (800) 348-4269.

Bob
57 AGIN

57AGIN

Guys:

I went to see what progress had been made on the car last Friday.  The dent was pounded out using the hammer from the outside method (weld small stick like pieces to the outside then use a pull hammer device to work the metal outward, as there wasn't much room to hammer & dolly the dent).  it had been skim coated, sanded and primed.  He did the entire rear quarter panel below the stainless trim from the rear of the car forward to the door and also the rocker panel below the door to the front fender.  I was pleased and impressed by the speed with which the repair is progressing.

Bob
57 AGIN

57AGIN

Hi Again:

Went to Santini's this afternoon and found the car sitting out in the sun drying. New base coat, followed by clear coat waiting to dry before being buffed out.  I took a photo of the repair section and found a bowling ball shaped head sitting on the side of my car, I wonder how Santini was able to do a head shot of me when I wasn't even there. LOL

Bob
57 AGIN

hiball3985

Some people will do anything to get in front of a camera  :003: The repair looks excellent..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

top shelf as always. That was really quick too. Did your bumper come back from the plater's yet?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57AGIN

Rich:

Yes, it was in yesterday, but it wasn't mounted yet so I don't know how straightened it got.  It will probably be on today when I go over to the shop.

Bob
57 AGIN