News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Beware of parking lots

Started by 57AGIN, 2014-03-25 17:52

Previous topic - Next topic

57AGIN

Took my 57 to one of my physical therapy (knees) appointments, at the request of the PT staff.  Then went to lunch later down at the beach.  When I was cleaning the car up for a show last Friday, I found some blue paint flecks on my wipe down cloth and discovered my 57 had been hit.  When I got the car out into the sunlight I found the rear bumper on the right side had been banged and scraped hard enough to punch it into the right rear quarter panel and spring back out (but still bent in some).  Bummer!
Insurance company has already seen the photos and approved the necessary work to repair the car, including r & r the right rear upholstery (to gain access to the bolted on right side stainless trim).  Santini gets the car tomorrow, and it should be ready within two weeks.  Insurance will pony up the $3,500 to fix the hit & run damage.  Until this happened, I was pretty free with driving and taking the 57 where ever I felt like going.  I guess now I'll be more protective.  It sure does tick me off that the idiot who hit me didn't have the consideration to let me know they had hit me or to be careful near a classic.

Bob
57 AGIN

Ford Blue blood

That is too bad!  I always park as far away from the door of the establishment I am visiting just to avoid that kind of thing.  Works for the most part, don't mind the walk....but....my new 2010 F150 (driven from the dealers to the Winn Dixie) in the middle of the furthest part of the lot was hit in the fender well.  Left a big white mark on the tire and a small rub on the paint. 

Have to wonder what the heck is going on in the pee brain of those folks?
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

rmk57

Is there any security cameras that may have caught it?

That was a pretty good hit, must have rocked the car quite a bit in a parking lot.

Hate it when stuff like that happens.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

electricalan

The nerve of some peoples kids.Ya the ding is bad enough,but letting you know and giving an appology would sure nice.Glad to hear your insurance company is treating you right.
Returning from a long hibernation!!!

hiball3985

That really sucks. Unfortunately we have so many people who don't care, a younger generation with the attitude of the rest of the world is here for my benefit or are illegal with no license or insurance. Have you noticed that hit and runs seem to be on the rise lately or maybe the news is just covering more of them..

off my soapbox
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Everything they said x2
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hotroddonnie

That sucks Bob, nothing worse then someone violating your space and contaminating your life with their ignorance. HRD

Zapato

Its not just kids that do this, lack of accountability knows no age boundaries.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

57 Ford Kustom

aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

jdlafayette

I hate seeing that. Lots of guys go on about daily drivers and drive the wheels off it but so many drivers out there are careless and don't care.

Frankenstein57

The trouble with doing a nice paint job is parking it by idiots who don't respect it.

Ecode70D

I don't make a habit of parking my cars in places like that if I can help it.
Have you ever noticed that no matter  how far we park away from other vehicles, and how far we walk, someone just has to park a piece of junk right next to our cars? 

Jeff Norwell

So sorry Bob.I have been in Home depot parking lots and seen so many clunk into a car,look around and simply drive off.Pisses me right off.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

suede57ford

My black sedan got rear-ended in a drive thru saturday morning.  The edlerly lady behind me wasn't paying attention and rammed me.  It did bent the bumper a little and pushed it out of alignment.   I got all here info, but I today I decided not to turn in a claim against her insurance. When I got out of my car after the hit, I realized that she looked like she has had a rough enough time in life and I would rather not hurt her insurance over something I can live with considering how blessed I am in comparison.
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

Zapato

wife's car was tapped in the rear by a little old lady (many years ago) we wanted to just take care of it but her 60+ year old son came over and begged us to file and he would cover any out of pocket expenses we incurred. seems this was the 4th accident in the last year and they were trying to get her to stop driving. poor old gal could barely see and was really shook up at the scene, cops cited her there. wife's car was big and red and she didn't see it. to this day we think she blacked out and just drove into us.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72