News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Lone Star Round-Up Austin, lots of Fords!

Started by suede57ford, 2014-04-05 22:08

Previous topic - Next topic

suede57ford

We are at the Lone Star Round-Up this weekend in Austin.  This show is getting just huge.

There are more 55-58 Fords this year than ever before!   You could almost say there were more 57 and 58 fords than 57 Chebies for a change.   

Another big surprise was the popularity of the '57-'60 ford trucks.  Every parking lot at the show had several of them.   Who would have thought they would ever be popular?   

Lots of Y-Block powered rods too.   One pro builder had a 34 ford 4dr sedan with high end build and a smooth 312 for power.  I could tell most of the crowd didn't know what kind of motor it had.

Saw a red/white 300 that was from a high end shop in Kansas driving around.  Also talked to Rick from San Antonio who just put 58 style wipers on his light blue custom Tudor.  Gill from Odessa brought his 70D business Sedan from Odessa. A nice '58 ranch wagon converted to an Edsel Roundup wagon was high quality as well. 

We  brought the black supercharged sedan and my brother James had his slick black ranch wagon.

Good weekend and good weather. 

Let's plan to get some more '57 Fords there again next year.
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

62galxe

Fords were abundant this year. Good show Saturday. I was in my uni again. I need to get serious on my wagon again. I hope mine can be 1/2 as nice as yours when I get it finished.

Frankenstein57

Pat, was the 34 sedan Y-block car orange and creme? There was a brand new build at Detroit autorama from Texas, they just finished it and were in the final 8 to win the Riddler award. It had a 312 Y-block, and was over the top-flawless!

62galxe

Frankenstein57

Donnie, while I was trying to figure out my new phone and how to post pictures, I saw your post! Sorry about the foggy one, my whole day Saturday my pics turned out bad, I ran into the photographer from our local hot rod radio show, and we figured out my camera. Then I had to rush back and get pics of what I wanted on Sunday, dam technology,,,,,,,,,,,

Frankenstein57

Here is a sweet fairlane , Detroit autorama.  Does this qualify as highjacking a thread?

hotroddonnie

I take back my previous post Frankenstein57. Thanks for the pictures. HRD 

Frankenstein57

A couple of wagons, the paint wouldn't be my choice, or the grille, but good to see the 57's represented

rmk57

Ive had my eye open for a driver and not to rusty 57-60 F100 for a couple years and have noticed a big jump in prices in them. Seems like everybody wants one now.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

suede57ford

That is the 32 Ford.   It had a crowd around it most of the time.

57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

hotroddonnie

I've always liked the 57/60 FIOO step side/short box, friends never did and always had a negative comment, not so many negative comments lately. HRD

RICH MUISE

Quote from: Frankenstein57 on 2014-04-06 08:36
Here is a sweet fairlane , Detroit autorama.  Does this qualify as highjacking a thread?
Very nice...love that engine compartment....best looking treatment for a 5.0 I can remember.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

strick

Thanks Pat for the report! Sure wish I could have been there!!!!!!! Maybe next year. Maybe some of you guys could come to the Good Guys Show here in Des Moines July 4th weekend!

Ecode70D

Quote from: hotroddonnie on 2014-04-06 20:17
I've always liked the 57/60 FIOO step side/short box, friends never did and always had a negative comment, not so many negative comments lately. HRD

I'll be nice and not give you a negative comment because you're most likely still snowed in up there where spring comes very late and you most likely can't take your 57 for a drive.